Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Playing music with Alexa and Plex

docimmerdocimmer Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi. I just set up Alexa to work with my Plex Server. It linked fine, and accepts commands properly. But, when I ask it to play music, it plays it on my computer - not on the Alexa speaker. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Steve

Best Answer

Answers

• krameriiikrameriii Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

do you have a date when this feature will be available?

• rsavarsava Posts: 2,739Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@krameriii said:
    do you have a date when this feature will be available?

Plex does not discuss timelines for future releases or features.

R Sava

• zorianmzorianm Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Pair the echo via Bluetooth as a workaround? At least this way you can use the speaker

• seanjordanseanjordan Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The Alexa devices are basically just speakers..... Seems like a waste it wasn't a basic design feature when it was released. Hopefully it will be out in the near future.

• apastuszakapastuszak Posts: 76Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Not to be a pain. But I really don't need to voice control my videos. It's 100 times faster to hit the pause button, than it is to tell the Echo to pause.

What I really need is to play my music out the speaker on the Echo, so I can stop paying Amazon $20 a year for their Music Locker service.

• PhilCootesPhilCootes Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

As its been six months since this feature was requested, is it safe to assume this is not going to happen?

• unblowupable5unblowupable5 Posts: 381Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@apastuszak said:
    Not to be a pain. But I really don't need to voice control my videos. It's 100 times faster to hit the pause button, than it is to tell the Echo to pause.

What I really need is to play my music out the speaker on the Echo, so I can stop paying Amazon $20 a year for their Music Locker service.

This. Voice control for other devices is a nice feature and all, but all I want this thing to do is be able to stream my music directly.

• Skitz1184Skitz1184 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I also think this would be a great feature however i do have spotify so its not a deal breaker but it would be nice to be able to play my own tunes from plex from time to time