If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Alexa Skill - will German version come our way?

Answers

• rossiniorrossinior Posts: 205Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

@kinoCharlino

The dev team is doing more behind the scenes than just sugar coating the language by adding new phrases and such. They're focusing on performance and reliability improvements, too.

This is good to know... but nothing happens at all. No updates that we know of on that English Alexa skill, no German skill at all. No progress announced.

My plex settings:

16TB QNAP PMS, 8 TB Buffalo Win2k12 PMS - 3x FireTV(2nd gen), 1x Android tablet, 1x Samsung S6 (Music, Movie, TV show libraries)

My "small" feature wishes:
    -* multiple parallel filters using an advanced mechanism (AND/OR/NOT) combine different categories when using filters
    -* better collection (not only as a meta tag, movie grouping, searchable)
    -* user defined meta tags which can be assigned to standard tags but which do not get lost when updating the data (example) [I want to add "James Bond" to all James Bond movie titles without marking the titles as not changable; I would add information on different versions (Uncut, Extended, DC) of a movie to the movie title, I would like to add the role of a character, I want to add a user defined collection name without marking the standard field as not changable]
    -* flag to limit my search to the actual library which I am in when doing a search
    -* German plex skill for Alexa

@kinoCharlino
    Thank you again for answering. I think, most of us appreciate the work you are doing on this.

It is a little bit like telling people that you are not laying the focus on their market since the English skill isn't available in the German Amazon store. But of course, ironing out the existing skill is a "Good Thing".

My guess was, that it is just a matter of amending a few XML bits and pieces (since I've seen a few other bi-lingual Alexa skills).

I now think that I will be the very last to lay my hands on voice control for Plex since I am

a) German
    b) using three different FireTVs as clients (name issue since PMS has no changable names for different FireTV devices)

This is a little bit frustrating. I really hope that you can do all three things at the same time - adding German language to it as well as adding functionality to the skill and ironing out the background processes to speed things up.

My plex settings:

16TB QNAP PMS, 8 TB Buffalo Win2k12 PMS - 3x FireTV(2nd gen), 1x Android tablet, 1x Samsung S6 (Music, Movie, TV show libraries)

-* multiple parallel filters using an advanced mechanism (AND/OR/NOT) combine different categories when using filters
    -* user defined meta tags which can be assigned to standard tags but which do not get lost when updating the data (example) [I want to add "James Bond" to all James Bond movie titles without marking the titles as not changable; I would add information on different versions (Uncut, Extended, DC) of a movie to the movie title, I would like to add the role of a character, I want to add a user defined collection name without marking the standard field as not changable]
    -* flag to limit my search to the actual library which I am in when doing a search

• mmitterdorfermmitterdorfer Posts: 50Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

maybe it is possible to release a beta skill for german users - I would really appreciate to test Alexa & Plex :smile:

• Barry RicohBarry Ricoh Posts: 94Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@mmitterdorfer said:
    maybe it is possible to release a beta skill for german users - I would really appreciate to test Alexa & Plex :smile:

+1

+100 that is, actually;)

My plex settings:

• 4Me4Me Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@mmitterdorfer said:

+1
    that would be great

• 7bft7bft Posts: 1Members

yes, please release a german version.
    +1

To the authors of thse +1 wishes... would you please consider liking the initial post in this thread? Maybe that helps to attact more Attention - since it is the way it works or should work in the feature request section of this forum also.
    thx.

My plex settings:

• Alexus1211Alexus1211 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

could you please at least make the US version available to German skill store? I am living in Germany and using my Alexa in English. Unfortunately I did not find any way to have this skill enabled on my "german" Alexa.
    Help appreciated.

• netzdivernetzdiver Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

for me too - PLZ German Skill

+1

• ADvorskyADvorsky Posts: 126Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

cant wait till this is available...
    let me know if you need testers...

• SumySumy Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 for germany, if you need beta tester just let me know

• prinzpiprinzpi Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm also very interested in a german skill.
    For 100% I would buy Plex Pass if this skill would be available in the german store.

• bernhardbockbernhardbock Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Would be very interested as well. If you need any help with L10N of intents and slots, I'm German native speaker and have my own skill in the Alexa skill store, so I do know the internals of Alexa ;).

• thor42168thor42168 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm very interested in a German skill.

• swotiswoti Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Me too. Thanks.

• rosenberger.juergen@gmx.derosenberger.juergen@gmx.de Posts: 1Members

I'm also highly intereststet in a german Plexiglas skill.
    Thanks a lot!

• K1ngLearK1ngLear Posts: 317Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Oh yeah, a german skill would be nice. Due to the fact that you have to use native language skills we are really busted up here in old germany.

CAESAR
    (to the SOOTHSAYER) The ides of March are come.
    SOOTHSAYER
    Ay, Caesar, but not gone.