If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Alexa Skill - will German version come our way?

Answers

• dondanielo123dondanielo123 Posts: 2Members

Would like to see support for German as well. Any news on this? :smile:

• hblockxhblockx Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here. Waiting as thousands of other plex-lifetimers...

• boessowmarcboessowmarc Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm also very interested in a German skill. Let me know if you need testers ...

• thlsthls Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm waiting..

• meyer.mattmeyer.matt Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

also waiting +1 :-)

• ShiroJShiroJ Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Got a an Echo for 100 bucks on Amazon's Primeday. I hope Plex Alexa Skill for German language is coming soon :)

• nmelhadonmelhado Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@ShiroJ said:
    Got a an Echo for 100 bucks on Amazon's Primeday. I hope Plex Alexa Skill for German language is coming soon :)

Prime day starts in a little under 5 hours...

• unicron_atunicron_at Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

any updates on this topic?

• Jack_77Jack_77 Posts: 69Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 for German Alexa Skill

• geekz85geekz85 Posts: 133Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

eagerly waiting for the german skill ;) if this takes even longer, i'd prefer a beta to be released of the american version as long as the german one needs time..

PMS: Synology DS415+
    Clients: MacBook 12" M7 512GB Spacegrey, iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Jetblack
    FireTV Stick
    PS4
    Chromecast
    Apple TV4
  • ShiroJShiroJ Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@geekz85 said:
    eagerly waiting for the german skill ;) if this takes even longer, i'd prefer a beta to be released of the american version as long as the german one needs time..

Alexa only supports one configured language for commands. This doesnt count for object Names like Songs/Movies or other things.

• blueproximityblueproximity Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

• Marcel FreudensteinMarcel Freudenstein Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Another +1 for German Alexa Skill.
    What is the current status on that topic? Does anyone has information on the schedule?

• rossiniorrossinior Posts: 205Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@kinoCharlino and Plex skill dev team...

Another three months till your last reaction on this where you stated that Plex took notice on a rise in "German Plex skill" demand.

Since then, no update on the English skill at all... no "under the hood" work in PMS that managed to get noted down in any public or Plex pass PMS release...

Are the devs busy in doing other things first? The Voice control forum is not a very busy one and I think it is because the voice control availability is "basic" and "buggy". I would say... it's about time to get another update of this out of the door. smile

Maybe a new status report would be of some help if possible... Alexa support for live tv, dvr.... in German ;)

My plex settings:

16TB QNAP PMS, 8 TB Buffalo Win2k12 PMS - 3x FireTV(2nd gen), 1x Android tablet, 1x Samsung S6 (Music, Movie, TV show libraries)

My "small" feature wishes:
    -* multiple parallel filters using an advanced mechanism (AND/OR/NOT) combine different categories when using filters
    -* better collection (not only as a meta tag, movie grouping, searchable)
    -* user defined meta tags which can be assigned to standard tags but which do not get lost when updating the data (example) [I want to add "James Bond" to all James Bond movie titles without marking the titles as not changable; I would add information on different versions (Uncut, Extended, DC) of a movie to the movie title, I would like to add the role of a character, I want to add a user defined collection name without marking the standard field as not changable]
    -* flag to limit my search to the actual library which I am in when doing a search
    -* German plex skill for Alexa

• thomasobauerthomasobauer Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 another one waiting for German Alexa skill

• pat-serverpat-server Posts: 1Members

+1 here – german version is more than overdue.

• taranisAUTtaranisAUT Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

A new month, the nights are getting colder,...
    What's going on with the German Alexa skill??

• renegade99renegade99 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

• kic68kic68 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 as well!

• UBDMUBDM Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 Same Same - paying customer waiting for that German Alexa Feature !