If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Alexa Skill - will German version come our way?

Answers

• Xxx-Plex-xxXXxx-Plex-xxX Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Lets wait... :/

• ShirkanShirkan Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2017

I would love to see a german plex skill...

• rblaubaerrblaubaer Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I also like to see the skill in German.

• oeli999oeli999 Posts: 1Members

Will get Plex Pass as soon as the german skill is available.

• WarMike69WarMike69 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm also waiting quite impatient for the german Alexa skill. Several friends will get Plex Pass (like me) when the german skill is released.

• rossiniorrossinior Posts: 255Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Please don't miss to "like" the first post in this thread to make sure that your opinion does not go unnoticed.
    Almost none of the authors of the latest comments did do this...

My plex settings:

16TB QNAP PMS, 8 TB Buffalo Win2k12 PMS - 3x FireTV(2nd gen), 1x Android tablet, 1x Samsung S8 (Music, Movie, TV show libraries)

My "small" feature wishes:
    -* multiple parallel filters using an advanced mechanism (AND/OR/NOT) combine different categories when using filters
    -* more per collection & library Settings for collections, f.e. ignore collections up to x items
    -* user defined meta tags which can be assigned to standard tags but which do not get lost when updating the data (example) [I want to add "James Bond" to all James Bond movie titles without marking the titles as not changable; I would add information on different versions (Uncut, Extended, DC) of a movie to the movie title, I would like to add the role of a character, I want to add a user defined collection name without marking the standard field as not changable]
    -* flag to limit my search to the actual library which I am in when doing a search
    -* German plex skill for Alexa
    -* AVM 6490 cable tuner DVR / LiveTV Support
    -* PayTV (Sky, f.e.) encrypted channel Support (for Sky customers)

• andreasputzandreasputz Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

as longtime plex-pass-user I wait very long for this desired feature. Please priorize that higher. Best Regards from Munich / Germany

• <3 Alexy<3 Alexy Posts: 1Members

I was also a big plex fan and was very curios about alexa to control the media.
    But now nearly a year has passed and it seems that there will pass another year (if ever..) until there is a German Alexa Skill.
    I now switched to Kodi and I am able to control it with Alexa! :)
    How -> you can find in this Tutorial:
    http://michael-heck.net/index.php/alexa-amazon-echo-projekte/kodi-mit-alexa-steuern

• Cycho01Cycho01 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 for a German version.

• JigsnowJigsnow Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would need a German Alexa Skill too!

• JooJoo Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+4 ... more Plex users (yes, whole family is using Plex :) ) would be thrilled if a german Alexa skill for Plex would be provided.

• dream4dream4 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I also waiting for a German Plex Alexa Skill !!!!!!
    When you have a Beta Version i would try to testing this for the Plex Community :wink:

• BennoDaeglingBennoDaegling Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plex is a great tool. Please !!! add German Alexa Skills so that we don't have to switch to Kodi.

• mindolluinmindolluin Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would like to see a German Alexa Skill, too.

• @kinoCharlino said:
    I hope so, too. I've made it very clear to the product manager for this feature that this is very much desired by users in Germany and he has agreed to re-visit prioritization for this.

It might be a stupid idea, but it would already help us (as a workaround/beta) if we could use the english Plex skill while still using Alexa in german. To achieve this, it would probably be necessary to declare the skill as "german", even though the commands would still be english..
    As I said, stupid idea :smile: but at least we would be able to use the skill without having to go to the settings on the smartphone app and switch Alexa to english all the time..

• nelsonc_denelsonc_de Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 for German Alexa skill.

• quitschiequitschie Posts: 1Members

+1
    Hello team
    it would be great to have the German Plex skill.

• NontanaNontana Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 for Alexa in German

• joda56joda56 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1
    German Alexa skill would be a nice present to begin the new year. Come on DevTeam, give us an information.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

• meddie77meddie77 Posts: 11Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1
    i hope for a soon release in german!