If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Alexa Skill - will German version come our way?

Answers

• K1ngLearK1ngLear Posts: 443Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any X-Mas special news here?

CAESAR
    (to the SOOTHSAYER) The ides of March are come.
    SOOTHSAYER
    Ay, Caesar, but not gone.
  • DionysosDionysos Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

An official German Alexa Skill for Plex would be awesome.

• WiidesireWiidesire Posts: 608Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2017

@kinoCharlino said:
    Upon further inspection in Amazon's developer program, it appears they only allow English language migrations to English-speaking countries. This means we cannot submit an English Skill for Germany.

https://developer.amazon.com/docs/faq/uk-migration-faq.html

1. Alexa currently supports English (US), English (UK) and English (India). Based on the language your live skill supports, we will migrate your skill to other English speaking countries. English (US) support US customers, English (UK) supports UK customers and English (India) will support IN customers.

I have reiterated the demand for this with the Product Manager, so hopefully we'll see it move up in prioritization.

Uhm no, it's possible with a couple of clicks. See pictures here:

The only drawback is that users in Germany would likely need to switch the Echo language settings to English in order for it to recognize the commands.

The current workaround for us german users is to both switch the Kindle account language setting to English and switch the Echo language setting to English in order to get the Plex Alexa Skill working.

• rossiniorrossinior Posts: 255Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I don't want to change the language of my Echo ecosystem. I don't want to speak English to an assistant. That is stupid if the whole system is based around local language and local skills.

It is not a very hard task to do a decent German skill. It is not that hard to redesign the plex Alex's skill to become multi-lingual. How far do you think is French home assistance. Or Spanish....

Please do your home work on this.

Thank you.

My plex settings:

16TB QNAP PMS, 8 TB Buffalo Win2k12 PMS - 3x FireTV(2nd gen), 1x Android tablet, 1x Samsung S8 (Music, Movie, TV show libraries)

My "small" feature wishes:
    -* multiple parallel filters using an advanced mechanism (AND/OR/NOT) combine different categories when using filters
    -* more per collection & library Settings for collections, f.e. ignore collections up to x items
    -* user defined meta tags which can be assigned to standard tags but which do not get lost when updating the data (example) [I want to add "James Bond" to all James Bond movie titles without marking the titles as not changable; I would add information on different versions (Uncut, Extended, DC) of a movie to the movie title, I would like to add the role of a character, I want to add a user defined collection name without marking the standard field as not changable]
    -* flag to limit my search to the actual library which I am in when doing a search
    -* German plex skill for Alexa
    -* AVM 6490 cable tuner DVR / LiveTV Support
    -* PayTV (Sky, f.e.) encrypted channel Support (for Sky customers)

• BennoDaeglingBennoDaegling Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Does anyone has another work around than changing the app and store language to English?

Could Plex let us know if this intense customer request is on the developers list?

• DAD405DAD405 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

New Year has begun and the german speaking customer are still waiting...

I got the pass to get a high WAF. Voice - search would be an superior enhancement to reach this goal.

Any ETA to foresee?

• HalmSHalmS Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 for Alexa Skill for Plex German. Until then no renewal of Plex Pass for me...

• flowerman78flowerman78 Posts: 1Members

I'm following this thread for a couple of months now. And I've just registered to this forum to say: +1.
    I haven't got a Plex Pass now, but I will change that, when a german Alexa Skill is available.

• wurzel19xxwurzel19xx Posts: 3Members ✭✭

+1 for Alexa Skill for Plex German. wait so long :(

• wurzel19xxwurzel19xx Posts: 3Members ✭✭

very important right now because Amazon Music is setting storage tariffs

• gregor-gregor- Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 for Alexa Skill for Plex German

• Cro-CopCro-Cop Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

1+ for the German Skill

• CipiCipi Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 for German

• thomasobauerthomasobauer Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

another +1 for German skill

• rossiniorrossinior Posts: 255Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Do not forget to like the original post instead of (or in addition to) sending a short +1 message.
    It is the way that the Plexies want it. Half of the latest answers did not do that.

My plex settings:

16TB QNAP PMS, 8 TB Buffalo Win2k12 PMS - 3x FireTV(2nd gen), 1x Android tablet, 1x Samsung S8 (Music, Movie, TV show libraries)

My "small" feature wishes:
    -* multiple parallel filters using an advanced mechanism (AND/OR/NOT) combine different categories when using filters
    -* more per collection & library Settings for collections, f.e. ignore collections up to x items
    -* user defined meta tags which can be assigned to standard tags but which do not get lost when updating the data (example) [I want to add "James Bond" to all James Bond movie titles without marking the titles as not changable; I would add information on different versions (Uncut, Extended, DC) of a movie to the movie title, I would like to add the role of a character, I want to add a user defined collection name without marking the standard field as not changable]
    -* flag to limit my search to the actual library which I am in when doing a search
    -* German plex skill for Alexa
    -* AVM 6490 cable tuner DVR / LiveTV Support
    -* PayTV (Sky, f.e.) encrypted channel Support (for Sky customers)

• El_GiganteEl_Gigante Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

1+ for the German Skill

Server WD My Cloud EX4100

• TockraTockra Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I got a alexa at christmas, but I dont really know good applications for it.
    A german plex skill would be awesome!!!

• kgbeckerkgbecker Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 for Alexa Skill for Plex German, another waiting Plex Pass user

• jakob.tewesjakob.tewes Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 for German Alexa skill for Plex.

• rewe68rewe68 Posts: 1Members

It's about time !!!
    Request started a year ago including a list with voice commands in German.

+1 for the German Skill (from me).
    Actually it's +105,000,000 = German mother tongue speaking People

Salesman at PLEX make your own calculation $$$