Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Shuffle TV show episodes

mhigginsmhiggins Posts: 28 Plex Pass

I'm unable to get Alexa to play a random episode of a TV show. This is how I primarily use plex for background stuff to watch. I notice that music seems to have a shuffle option but I suspect TV shows do not.

Anyone have any success with this or is it not supported yet?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• mhigginsmhiggins Posts: 28 Plex Pass

Well then it would be a much appreciated feature to be added to the next version

• mcrommertmcrommert Posts: 366 Plex Pass

+1 on this

• darealdoomerdarealdoomer Posts: 10 Plex Pass

High on my list of hoped for updates!

• radiocolinradiocolin Posts: 73 Plex Pass

Adding my voice to this

• noah82noah82 Posts: 3 Plex Pass

I'd love to see this too. It would make the Alexa skill so much more useful for me!

• mubumonkeymubumonkey Posts: 2 Plex Pass

I also would absolutely love it if there was a shuffle command for tv shows. I use plex to keep my quadriplegic mother who has had multiple sclerosis for 22yrs entertained. The addition of alexa has made her life so much better and I know she loves being able to watch a show on command but being able to watch a random episode sometimes is nice and I know she would utilize that.

• emh5945emh5945 Posts: 14 Plex Pass

I just spent a bunch of time setting up Alexa specifically for this feature. It's such an obvious feature that I didn't even consider that it might not be there.

• NozafcNozafc Posts: 2

+1 for this, I created a similar thread a while ago but it didn't get a response. Sometimes you just want to kick back and watch an episode of some comedy show or similar and not have to specify exact season and epsiode

Alexa, Tell Plex to play some random episodes of Seinfeld

• mhigginsmhiggins Posts: 28 Plex Pass
    edited May 27

Any news or updates on this?
    Would really be a nice feature

Edit: made a feature request post on the Plex pass forums if anyone that wanted this feature wants to take a look and like the post to get it some attention.