If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Repeat video playback

Robblehead01Robblehead01 Posts: 4Members ✭✭

I would like to use chromecast for a kiosk essentially and loop a playlist.

When casting from the web there are no repeat controls. When I look on the iOS app repeat is greyed out and I can't select.

Tagged:

Answers

• Hello,

I want to do the exactly same thing. Please Plex, can you just add a repeat button in the playlist? Many people want this function. It would be super handy for our shops.

Kind regards

• dmckibbendmckibben Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plex for Samsung needs a repeat video or loop option!!!!

• melbourneclimbermelbourneclimber Posts: 1Members

Agreed. I want to play one video file over and over again in a never ending loop using PLEX on a PS4. Absence of a video loop feature is a deal breaker unfortunately.

• RuedigerPlexRuedigerPlex Posts: 2Members

Hello Plex Team,

i am still waiting for the Repeat Button for a video playlist. It would be even better, if that repeat function could be a property of the playlist. So some playlists would repeat, others would'nt. Every simple mp3 Player has a repeat function.

• duykmaduykma Posts: 1Members

I needs a repeat video or loop option too

• LawlessLimeLawlessLime Posts: 1Members Plex Pass

are you guys ever going to reply? how hard can it be to add a simple loop function

• NielsonrvNielsonrv Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Add me to the list of requesting a video loop.

If PLEX wants to be taken serious and have more enterprise use, this would be included. Every USB reader in TVs have a simple repeat function. But Samsung TVs lack a simple loop function? Baffling.

• ty02_plex_infoty02_plex_info Posts: 6Members ✭✭

You can create ios video playlist loops using VLC (this can be setup for http mp4 files) or Playlist loops on chromecast from local video files using html. There are YT videos VLC IOS Playlist Hack and DIY Chromecast Video Playlists.

• mmayermmayer Posts: 8Members ✭✭

We have been asking for years. It isnt going to happen as Plex is all about simplicity. I just downloaded Kodi and am sadly switching because of this :/

• apollothethirdapollothethird Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Add me to the list of people requesting the loop feature be added to the menu properties.

-- L. James

--
    L. D. James
    ljames@apollo3.com
    www.apollo3.com/~ljames

• jannes.krugerjannes.kruger Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi has this feature been added yet?

• zenithangunnzenithangunn Posts: 54Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes please, “other videos” and playlists need a loop button. We use PLEX to stream ambient videos to old tablets around the house and we have to keep manually restarting the videos or connect via plex app and force the repeat that way. Please add a native to the mobile app loop button to playlists and “other videos”

• plex@xti.esplex@xti.es Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I don't understand why there is not a repeat button! There are many people asking for it!

• stneonstneon Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plex for Samsung needs a repeat video or loop option! +1

• akhunatonakhunaton Posts: 4Members ✭✭

There must be a reason that Plex does not add a loop function because you know that would be an easy thing to add. I doubt that Plex reads these posts since there has been no answer from them about it. I will be hunting for another solution. MaybeI will try Kodi.

• rkoegelrkoegel Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

All the videos I cast to my smart TV seem to automatically repeat, endlessly. I came here looking for a way to stop them from doing this. Seems looping can be done, but it can't be turned on or off for videos by users?

• duncanbeeversduncanbeevers Posts: 69Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

You can control the repeat mode from the web desktop client. https://app.plex.tv/desktop

Support for repeat-one and repeat-all while casting to Chromecast is still in the works for other Plex clients.