Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Playback has stopped because the connection to the Plex Media Server has been lost - only on Android

nils.thorsted@gmail.comnils.thorsted@gmail.com Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,
just can't get playback working on Android phone and Android TV.
On Apple TV 4 it works fine!
The error that keeps popping up (the movie never starts) is: "Playback has stopped because the connection to the Plex Media server has been lost"
Please advise.

I have attached both server and Mobil logs.
Running server on Synology NAS, server build is 1.3.4.3285

Answers

• HarvesterOfEyesHarvesterOfEyes Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same error here. Music playlist will play but no movies. Plex Media Player -plays same video at same location, same network with no issues.

• jimrinjimrin Posts: 4Members ✭✭

I don't recall the last time I tried but now I am getting this error too for all my Mpeg2 videos. These videos played OK previously and still play OK on my Windows machine but give me an error on my Android device. Sigh.

• CiATRiXCiATRiX Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 8

I'm getting this same error on my android devices but only on content that has been synced.
    I've attached my log files also.

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Posts: 3,880Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is this happening during local or remote playback?

• CiATRiXCiATRiX Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

For me only on local synced video's.

It occurs when attempting to play movies locally and remotely.

It is definitely an issue with the app. I can go to the Plex website and access the web player using the Chrome app and movies will play without the error message.

• planetab72planetab72 Posts: 31Members ✭✭

Same here Android issue. Change Direct Play setting from Auto to Forced as a workaround for now. Note that I can no longer cast to Chromecast anymore though in this situation.
    Same error/problem on IOS platform as well with latest non plexpass versions for both client and server.
    However the Smart TV version 2.005 for Samsung continues to work perfectly. Please don't screw up anymore platforms or we'll be down to nothing.

• planetab72planetab72 Posts: 31Members ✭✭

Why is this post thread marked as answered? It's definitely isn't working by design, just workarounds.

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Posts: 3,880Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@planetab72 said:
    Why is this post thread marked as answered? It's definitely isn't working by design, just workarounds.

Look at other threads - answered only means someone provided an answer. Only the OP can mark a thread answered - which shows green highlighted answered.

• Catniss54Catniss54 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    via Email
    Cat

On February 18, 2017, at 6:25 AM, planetab72 wrote:

Plex Forums http://forums.plex.tv/
    planetab72 commented on Playback has stopped because the connection to the Plex Media Server has been lost - only on Android

• kcalvertkcalvert Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is happening to more and more of my library. I have 3 Nexus TV players and all of them I experience this issue but each device has it's own set of files and shows that it won't play. There is no rhyme or reason to it either. Shows/movies that once played fine on all 3 devices now only work on two of the devices. It seems the more updates more issues I have.