If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Two Issue : multi-part videos & last playback setting being used for channels

Issue 1:
It seems ver. 2.007 broke multi-part video playback which was working on 2.005. When it tries to play the second part there is the round loading icon that stays indefinitely but no playback occurs. I have tried with all playback modes with same result. If I stop and use the resume feature then the 2nd part does work.

Interestingly, the v.2.007 even shows the incorrect movie time when viewed via the Samsung App.

1. snapshot of v.2.007 below shows the movie duration time as 1:08:46.
  2. snapshot below from Plex Web shows the movie duration time as 2:16:00

I can provide the movie xml if it helps but believe it should be easily replicable. I also tried with channels that have multi-part videos with same result.

However, when videos are listed in que without being defined as multi-part videos and the v.2.007 App plays them via PlayQue then they work fine by changing over to the next part.

Issue 2:
It seems the last playback setting that was used when playing a movie from one's library is carried forward when playing a video from a Channel instead of using the setting from the Apps' Preferences. So if I have 'Auto' set in the App's Prefs but then played a movie from my library using 'Transcoding' then when I play a video from a Channel then its going to use 'Transcoding'.

Thanks.

OS: Win7, Win10, Ubuntu 16.04, MacOS Sierra, FreeBSD 11.0

Storage: 4x6TB WD PR4100 NAS

Clients: PlexWeb, Samsung Plex App, Sony Opera App, Firestick Android, PS4, Samsung Galaxy S7, iPhone 7.0

Channels: FMoviesPlus, cCloudTv, Einthusan, DesiTelly

If you like my channels you can support my beer fund here ;)

My published channels and other work in progress on github

Answers

• smiske01smiske01 Posts: 3Members ✭✭

@coder-alpha : I'm experiencing the same error (indefinite hangup when changing from part 1 to part 2) as you are describing. It works on plex web version (OSX - Firefox) but fails on samsung app v.2.007 PMS verion 1.8.4.4249-3497d6779.

Have you found a solution or heard from anyone about planned bugfix?

Thanks

• coder-alphacoder-alpha Posts: 712Members ✭✭✭

@smiske01 said:
    @coder-alpha : I'm experiencing the same error (indefinite hangup when changing from part 1 to part 2) as you are describing. It works on plex web version (OSX - Firefox) but fails on samsung app v.2.007 PMS verion 1.8.4.4249-3497d6779.

Have you found a solution or heard from anyone about planned bugfix?

Thanks

Have not heard back from @Orca on this issue nor found a solution myself.

As an alternate solution you can join some files types back into a single file without re-encoding, some however will need to be re-encoded to join.

OS: Win7, Win10, Ubuntu 16.04, MacOS Sierra, FreeBSD 11.0

Storage: 4x6TB WD PR4100 NAS

Clients: PlexWeb, Samsung Plex App, Sony Opera App, Firestick Android, PS4, Samsung Galaxy S7, iPhone 7.0

Channels: FMoviesPlus, cCloudTv, Einthusan, DesiTelly

If you like my channels you can support my beer fund here ;)

My published channels and other work in progress on github