Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Change "Kodi Plex Addon" Client name

sde91sde91 Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hey guys,

Is there any way I can change the default name of the AddIn (Kodi Plex Addon) to anything custom?

The reason why I ask this, is because I use a Plex Channel (HelloHue) which triggers an Action (Turn Lights on / off) when a specific Client plays some Content. Currently any Kodi Client which runs the Plex Addon presents itself with the same name (Kodi Plex Addon), which will always turn on / off my lights.

Thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• Jonte110Jonte110 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Have the same problem but with Chromecast! :(

• danjames92danjames92 Posts: 3,200Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Jonte110 said:
    Have the same problem but with Chromecast! :(

Nothing to do with Plex for Kodi.

Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub

• andyblac1974andyblac1974 Posts: 1,063Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

change your host name on each box, PFK uses this as part of friendly name.

Server: Synology RS3617XS / RX1217 [INTEL Xeon E3-1230 v2, 32Gb RAM]
    Storage: 104Tb RAID6 (75.9Tb usable)
    Clients: Kodi Plex Add-on (Odroid's C2), LG Plex App. PMP (Mac). iPhone. iPad. Android TV. Web.

PlexDVRAPI Enigma2 Plugin: Support / Setup Guide / Source files