If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

IPTV addon problem with Plex v.2.007 (Samsung TV)

Rusty03Rusty03 Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello.
Since upgrading to the latest version a few days ago, I have noticed a problem with Cigaras IPTV addon

I use iptv addon to make a custom m3u list of Apple keynote streams. Up until now there were no problems with any of the streams. Since the upgrade to Plex app v.2.007 (Samsung TV) I have noticed that I can't play some of them. Anything prior from March 2015 event works (including the March 2015), but anything later then that won't. This all works fine with the latest (1.3.4 server and 4.7 iOS) clients on my mac and ios device.

The error I get is this:

Anyone else having similar problems?

Plex server: v 1.3.4.3285
TV model: UE40F6320
IPTV addon: https://github.com/Cigaras/IPTV.bundle

Answers

• coder-alphacoder-alpha Posts: 649Members ✭✭✭

@Rusty03

What are the type of links in your playlist ? .m3u8 or .mp4 ?

I had a look at a Sept 2016 event page http://www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2016/ and the video is an mp4. The IPTV playback call uses HTTPLiveStreamURL which I understand should only work with .m3u8's. It's odd to me that it works on your other clients unless they have a fallback mode that kicks in or the core method is same for both types.

You can either ask the author to add a case for mp4 videos or define one in the code yourself.

OS: Win7, Win10, Ubuntu 16.04, MacOS Sierra, FreeBSD 11.0

Storage: 4x6TB WD PR4100 NAS

Clients: PlexWeb, Samsung Plex App, Sony Opera App, Firestick Android, PS4, Samsung Galaxy S7, iPhone 7.0

Channels: FMoviesPlus, cCloudTv, Einthusan, DesiTelly

If you like my channels you can support my beer fund here ;)

My published channels and other work in progress on github

• Rusty03Rusty03 Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thank you for your reply. All streams (the ones that are working and the ones that dont are m3u8. To make matter worse it all worked just fine on 2.006 version of Plex client for Samsung. On the other hand I did kept my plex server side up to date all the time so it could be that it stopped working at some point due to some changes there.

It doesn't explain why it works with some streams and not all. Also, yes, it works just fine via plex web, ios and mac app (all up to date). I have tried to update the addon as well, but no change.

• coder-alphacoder-alpha Posts: 649Members ✭✭✭

@Rusty03 said:
    Thank you for your reply. All streams (the ones that are working and the ones that dont are m3u8. To make matter worse it all worked just fine on 2.006 version of Plex client for Samsung. On the other hand I did kept my plex server side up to date all the time so it could be that it stopped working at some point due to some changes there.

It doesn't explain why it works with some streams and not all. Also, yes, it works just fine via plex web, ios and mac app (all up to date). I have tried to update the addon as well, but no change.

I did have issues with the Samsung App when upgrading. Generally when all else fails I do an uninstall, smarthub reset, disconnect wire - 2min., re-install.
    You might also want to post 1 working and 1 non-working m3u8 link from your list. I can check on it as well.

OS: Win7, Win10, Ubuntu 16.04, MacOS Sierra, FreeBSD 11.0

Storage: 4x6TB WD PR4100 NAS

Clients: PlexWeb, Samsung Plex App, Sony Opera App, Firestick Android, PS4, Samsung Galaxy S7, iPhone 7.0

Channels: FMoviesPlus, cCloudTv, Einthusan, DesiTelly

If you like my channels you can support my beer fund here ;)

My published channels and other work in progress on github