Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Synced music - Random pauses while playing a song on Android (mobile)

rguisewiterguisewite Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have synced music playlists and I've noticed that a few songs in, my music will randomly just stop playing. Looking at the player, it still says that it is "playing", but the current time in song does not change. Jumping back within the song, or skipping forward (with either the buttons or the slider) does nothing. Toggling the play/pause button does not fix the situation either. The first time it happened, I just skipped to the next song and it picked back up playing. When it did it again last night (which is only the second time I've played synced content since setting it up), I toyed with the jumping back and forth within the song without luck. Didn't try skipping to the next song, I just turned it off. Running on a Nexus 6P. Anyone else have this issue or a possible solution? I did do a complete data wipe of the app between the two times this happened (for a different reason), and that appears to not have had any effect.

Tagged:

Answers

• rguisewiterguisewite Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Aha, just got it to happen again. Three songs into my synced playlist it died again. . Shows that it is still "playing". Song is stuck at 4:25 of 4:57. Going back 10 seconds did nothing. Going forward 30 seconds did nothing. Toggling play/pause did nothing. Skipping to the next song started playing again. This is going to be very annoying on the long drive I'm about to take if I have to manually press the skip button every 3 songs... bangs head against desk

After skipping to the next song and letting it play, it made it to the fourth song from the skipped song before stuttering and failing again (that is, it played 3 full songs, then died on the fourth) at 02:29 of 03:29.

• d2freakd2freak Posts: 253Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is happening also on not synced music. Very big problem. Has been like this for a while now.

Yuck. That's annoying. I tried it on iOS and this issue is NOT present (at least not in the half hour or so I listened attempting to replicate the issue there.

d2freak, what phone/Android version are you running? I'm on a Nexus 6P, running Android 7.1.1 (Build N4F26I)

• robertwhitakerrobertwhitaker Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 16

I am having the exact same issue as rguisewite, running Plex for Android 5.4.3.131 (33cdd463) on Pixel XL with Android 7.1.1 (Build NMF26U). Very annoying. Skipping to previous/next track is the only way I can get it to play without stopping the playlist and starting over.

I have been streaming music from the server for months without any issues. It is only happening for me on synced music.

EDIT:
    More info available here:
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/239738/audio-stops-playing-after-10-or-15-minutes-for-local-music-files
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/242365/plex-player-pauses-music-at-random-during-playback

How is this STILL not fixed??? It is incredibly annoying.

• LongshankLongshank Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Wow. This would be laughable if it was happening to someone else.

Google Pixel Plex V5.6.1.505 Music just stops playing mid song.

It's disheartening to see NEW Forum Posts on this exact issue, and your techs saying they have not heard about it. How does the whole company not know about this issue?

None of your Employees use Plex for Music on the go?
    I was thinking of getting the lifetime pass, but I'm now considering cancelling until you get this fixed.

An update at your earliest convenience would be great! Thx

Unfortunately, I bought the lifetime pass SPECIFICALLY for this (I took it on a road trip... yeah, that was fun. 22 hours each way, having to click the next button every second or third song). That was almost two months ago now (reported on these forums, and nothing back from anyone from plex. BTW, to anyone reading, that whole crap about "Hey, if you get the plex pass you'll have access to these great and special plex pass only forums! That's a load of crap. They don't respond there just as much as the don't respond on the normal forums). I'm now painting the room that houses my router, which is unplugged while I work, so I have to listen to music in offline/synced mode. Try having to click "Next" just to get your stinking music to play every 5 minutes while trying to get the room painted in as little time as possible... Not a happy Plex pass subscriber. For as long as this has been around and as many forum posts as there have been (the ones linked from robertwhitaker have multiple pages of people reporting this) complaining about it... It's just sad. If you're going to make an app, boast about how wonderful it is, and charge for basic usage (like... playing music offline), you better darn well make it work.

• forgie716forgie716 Posts: 2Members Plex Pass
    edited March 30

I'm having this issue also and it being solved will dictate me buying or not buying a lifetime pass, right now just doing a 1 month. I didn't experience this issue on my Nexus 6P, but do now after moving to the Pixel XL, though I've since updated the Plex android app and server so not sure if that's a factor.

• akreaxunakreaxun Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass