We will be performing plex.tv database server maintenance starting 22:00 Pacific Time on Wednesday, June 28 (05:00 GMT, June 29). It is expected to last ~1.5 hours. See http://status.plex.tv/incidents/c1t6djj5vq9r
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Audio flutter on Roku 3 and Streaming Stick

brian@tripleswan.combrian@tripleswan.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Lately, within the last month or two I think, I have been getting an audio flutter from videos played on both Roku 3 and Roku Stream Stick. The audio codec doesn't seem to matter. It happens both with DTS 5.1 and AC3 2.0. Some videos are worse than others (some are horrible). It does not appear to happen on Roku 4 and Netflix is not affected. I have installed the Samsung Plex app on the same TV and the same files are clear.

Was there a recent Plex update that would be causing this? Any suggestions?

Answers

• kd6iczkd6icz Members, Plex Pass Posts: 160 Plex Pass

I gave my Roku 3 to my dad and he has this issue. His setup is kinda wonky though. Rouk 3 to a Sharp TV then optical digital output to an Onkyo AVR running in 2 channel stereo.

Not using the Classic version of the app but still does it on the regular Plex app and its annoying.