[Permission BUG] Cannot change volume using plex companion on Shield (CEC)
Just bought a shield, and I totally love it. Plex is really smooth on it, I just noticed this slight bug:
- Shield connected to AVR connected to Sony TV (android TV as well)
- Shield: Volume CEC: enabled
- Plex 220.127.116.11 (on phone, shield & TV)
- Changing the volume with the shield remote works fine, using CEC it changes the volume on the AVR
- Changing the volume with another app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.bouyguestelecom.remote&hl=en) works fine as well. Using CEC it changes the volume on the AVR
- Changing volume on the plex installed directly on the TV using companion works fine. It changes the volume on the AVR using CEC
- On the shield, if I disable CEC volume control, I am able to change the volume using plex companion
What does not work
- Changing volume (CEC volume enabled) on the plex installed on the shield using companion does not work. No volume change occurs.
I am not sure if this is a plex bug or a shield one, as I do get different behavior with the exact same version whether it run on my TV directly or the shield. My guess so far is that it might be related to some changes in Android OS (Lollipop vs nougat), especially the permission system. It could be that plex needs additional permission to change the volume on Nougat.
I will go through logs and add them later on.