[REL] Common Sense Media (Metadata Agent)
Common Sense Media
What is Common Sense Media?
Common Sense Media is a metadata agent for Plex Media Server that adds their recommended age as content rating. It will optionally add a short description as tagline and the Common Sense movie review to reviews.
A Plex movie library with the Plex Movie agent or The Movie Database agent set as primary agent.
How do I install Common Sense Media?
You can install Common Sense Media:
- From within the Unsupported AppStore, or:
- Manually: See the support article "How do I manually install a channel?" over at the Plex support website.
Don't forget to activate the agent in Settings > Server > Agents after installing. Drag it all the way to the top of the list to prevent other agents from overruling the content rating.
Where do I download Common Sense Media?
If you want to install the agent manually or if you are interested in the source code, you can download the latest copy of the agent from Github: releases
Limitations and Known Issues
- Due to not being able to grab certain data directly I had to build a small API that takes IMDb ids and returns required data. This API is still a bit slow due to a number of http requests it has to do. Lots of requests are cached, so the more the agent gets used, the faster it will become.
Where do I report issues?
Create an issue on Github and add as much information as possible:
- Plex Media Server version
- Primary agent and order of any secondary agents
- Log files,