Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Home Not Refreshing in On Deck, Recently Added

After you watch an episode of something and go back to Home, it still shows the "Just Watched" episode in On Deck and if in Recently Added, it still shows there as unwatched.

You have to hit F5 or push the Refresh button manually for Home to refresh.

Best Answer

Answers

• pombeirppombeirp SwitzerlandMembers, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,886 Plex Ninja

I've seen other reports of this, but can't seem to reproduce locally. Maybe it has to do with the order/type of navigation that is done. I've added more logging to the upcoming release so we can have the necessary info to fix the problem. Thanks for reporting it.

QNAP TS-253 Pro (x86)

• medianode@manicpalm.commedianode@manicpalm.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 73 Plex Pass

thank you pombeirp!

• pombeirppombeirp SwitzerlandMembers, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,886 Plex Ninja

I've added some more logging in the 3.2.12 release. Do you think you could send me a log with that version once you update to it?

QNAP TS-253 Pro (x86)

• medianode@manicpalm.commedianode@manicpalm.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 73 Plex Pass

sure, will do

Please find a new log attached?

App is still not refreshing
    Still crashing halfway through countdown to next episode and
    Still exiting fullscreen after an individual video is played.

• tinototemtinototem Members, Plex Pass Posts: 61 Plex Pass
    edited February 2017

When i complete watching a show on Plex and i go back to the home screen, the unwatched icon will still be displayed for that show i just watched. If i go in to the show, i get the option to mark it as unwatched and the plex web interface shows it as watched too.

Even if i press the refresh button it will still be marked as unwatched. Even if i shut down the plex app and open it again it shows as unwatch, first after a while it will be shown correctly as watched.
    Another thing i noticed is that if new media is added i need to use the refresh button on the for the media to be showed, if i remember correctly this were not needed before. The start screen would automaticly update when new media gets added.

Both this issues gives a sluggish user experience and not the normally totally awesome experience i am used to.

Server:
    Synology DS415+ running 6.1 and plex version 1.3.4.3285
    Client
    Windows 10 PC
    Plex version 3.2.13-0c508440

Here are log files for when it happens to me

• Private NemesisPrivate Nemesis Members Posts: 54 ✭✭

I got exactly the same - WHEN THE DAMNED APP WORKED!

@tinototem found the issue. When the app was suspended and then resumed, the logic to handle those notifications wasn't wired up again. The next release should fix that.

QNAP TS-253 Pro (x86)

@pombeirp thats great to hear, looking forward to the release.

Thank you! Finally some light at the end of the currently very dark Plex tunnel!

@pombeirp i am running 3.2.16-7e73a7ed and after watching Why Him? and going back to the home screen it still shows as unwatched. Even after i refreshed the page twice. When i check on the thru the web it is marked as watched.

Se logs attached.

• afh414afh414 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 40 Plex Pass

STILL isn't working properly. Looking at dual screens one with the WIndows App on the right and the other with the Web App on the left. Windows App showing 3 items in "Continue Watching" while the Web UI is showing them as watched already (which is correct). Windows App is really disappointing...

It is a little erratic now with me, sometimes will show as watched when going back to home, sometimes not.

Same with the playing the next item in the queue, will play the next episode sometimes (still getting stuck half-way on the progress bar), will crash the App the next time.

It also exits Fullscreen after doing anything, play a file, when it completes, goes back to home, but the App exits Fullscreen. Hit Backspace, exits Fullscreen. Sniff, exits Fullscreen :smile:

This App has never actually been, and still is not, usable really. It's frustrating to use, which is the opposite of what Plex was supposed to be about and definitely not what I paid for.

@tinotem: found the cause for the issue in the home screen. An upcoming release will fix this issue. Thanks for the logs!

QNAP TS-253 Pro (x86)

@pombeirp i am running 3.2.18 and still have this issue, se attached log. The Colony S02e12 was not refreshed on home screen after i finished watching

My normal Plex behavior is to never shut down the app, i always have it running either on full screen or minimized. Its always on my second monitor and it can take hours between i have watch a movie or show intill i use the app again. Some time i watch something before i go the bed, and next time i used the app is after several hours since i have been sleeping and working in between.

edited March 2017

@tinotem: you're referring to the Continue Watching hub, right? It's strange, I see in your logs that the app is requesting the hubs right after playback so they can be refreshed.

QNAP TS-253 Pro (x86)

edited March 2017

@pombeirp

This is the screen i am talking about

This image is taken after i have watched Billions and The Walking Dead. They both show as unwatched, even after a refresh.

This is the same view from the web browser

I also noticed that on the Plex App the new shows from today (Homeland, Into the Badlands, The Last Man on Earth, etc) were first showed up after a refresh, i would have prefererad if i did not have to refresh at all.

So i wake up this morning as i normally do :smile:
    I wake my computer from sleep, and noticed that plex is maximized on the second monitor. First i get an error that an network connection is not establised but that stops showing and i see this screen:

I noticed that Billions and The Walking Dead is still not marked as watched, but i also noticed that the shows that were added during the night is not showed

I manually refresh the start page and Billiosn and The Walking Dead now have to correct status and Quantico and 24 is added.

Above is the correct result, but it still requires a manual refresh and it took some hours for the Plex app to figure out that i have watched Billions and The Waling Dead.

@tinotem: this problem should be fixed in 3.2.19

QNAP TS-253 Pro (x86)

@pombeirp running 3.2.19, still have the same issue.