Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Cannot get Plex to work with my Yamaha AV receiver…

MagikLairMagikLair Posts: 1Members

Hello,
I am trying to get the server to work with my Yamaha RX-V679BL 7.2-Channel MusicCast AV Receiver. When I run the software, I can't get it to show up when I use the Yamaha app on my phone. I'm trying to find some reliable software whether it's free or paid.
Thanks for your time,
Brian

Answers

• Gdr56Gdr56 Posts: 1,599Members ✭✭✭✭

I believe if you wish to use Plex direct through your Yamie it will only work with Audio/Music with DLNA. If you put a hardware solution as a player in between. Example: Playstation ,Xbox, Shield, media box, even a computer with appropriate PMP app it will work.
    You could go straight to your TV HDMI port and use a Plex TV app, then using a ARC connected Yamaha receiver for sound.
    The trick will be what settings for 7.2 channel will depend on TV and Yamaha Receiver. LPCM or PCM maybe required to achieve your outcome. You have not mentioned your TV brand and Model.

If using a Mac as a server you will only get 5.1 channels, as Apple do not support 7.1. Windows however does support.

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. : Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

• heavy21heavy21 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

My setup includes a DLNA setup dual Xeon server with 24 TB of storage hosting the plex server. Four DLNA setup smart TVs with Ethernet connections (1Gb) and plex clients installed and Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver DLNA setup. Speaker system is Dolby 5.1 stereo for the living room display from the AV receiver. So far, Sony TVs play audio only through TV speakers, choosing System Speakers on the living room display provides no sound. Will re-look Blu-Ray rips for error(s) in audio preferences.

About to start finish of basement adding living/media room, etc. Media room to include additional Yamaha receiver RX-A3070, 7.2.4 audio speaker system and new large smart display. Need solution that allows use of current and planned speaker systems.

Appreciate any assistance.

Lenovo ThinkServer RD640:
    a. Dual Xeon E5-2620 v2, 2.1GH
    b. 64 Gbs ECC Ram, Net 18Tb (Raid 6) Storage
    c. Windows Server Essentials 2012 R2