If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

What happened to 30 second skip?

tmr0861tmr0861 Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Running Roku Plex app v4.3 build 2.

I used to have 30 second skip forward and 10 seconds backward. Now it is 10 and 10.

Please bring it back!

Thanks!!

Tagged:

Answers

• ljunkieljunkie Plex Dev Team Posts: 4,835Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

It's still there. During playback, a single press of the FWD button will skip 30 seconds and resume, while a single press of the RWD button will rewind 10 seconds and resume. The left and right buttons will increment in -10/+10 seconds.

• ttaggart4ttaggart4 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would prefer a 2 minute skip. That seems to be about the minimum for a commercial break.

• tmr0861tmr0861 Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@ljunkie said:
    It's still there. During playback, a single press of the FWD button will skip 30 seconds and resume, while a single press of the RWD button will rewind 10 seconds and resume. The left and right buttons will increment in -10/+10 seconds.

That is the problem. Normally i want to skip 2-3 minutes of commercials. If I press fwd, it buffers 30 seconds and then I have to repeat it 6 times with a buffering delay each time. I used to be able to press right button 6 times and it would quickly skip 3 minutes. Now I have to press right button 18 times to skip ahead 3 minutes of commercials. It would be more user friendly if left and right buttons incremented -10/+30 seconds.