Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Android app takes a long time to load landing screen after starting

jamietrejamietre Posts: 32Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

In the last couple weeks the Android client has gotten incredibly slow to start. I thought at first it was just broken, but finally waited it out, and eventually the landing page comes up. It just takes an extremely long time after I select the user, until the landing page gets shown - on the order of 45 seconds or more.

There isn't a lot of data activity, and my phone is very fast (Moto Z force), so this is not a performance problem. While the app is trying to start, it seems to be consuming a ton of resources on my phone because it's otherwise very slow.

My connection to the server is direct.

Thoughts?

Best Answer

• stacyhortonstacyhorton Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Hi, I was having the same issue for the last few weeks until I finally got annoyed enough to look into it. I resolved it by going to Android Settings -> Apps -> Plex -> Storage -> Clear Data. Then, once I re-opened the app and logged in, the long loading delay was gone.

Hope this helps.

Answers

• stacyhortonstacyhorton Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Hi, I was having the same issue for the last few weeks until I finally got annoyed enough to look into it. I resolved it by going to Android Settings -> Apps -> Plex -> Storage -> Clear Data. Then, once I re-opened the app and logged in, the long loading delay was gone.

Hope this helps.

• jamietrejamietre Posts: 32Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Worked perfectly! Thank you!

• cantennacantenna Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Having this issue as well on my S8+ and while this solution does work, shortly there after this problem re-surfaces again.

This issue needs to be addressed