If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

BUG: Samsung 2016 Plex app not working on recent Tizen firmware

Hello,

The problem is so common as i see. After i have updated my SAMSUNG TIZEN TV firmware from 1150 to 1163, Plex started to fail. Plex app's everything is working except player. Once you started the video, player says: "PLAYER_ERROR_CONNECTION_FAILED".

The sample log files is in another post: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/255639/player-error-connection-failed#latest

I love Plex. I got the UHD TV for Plex only. But now, Plex or Samsung disappointed me. I think becase of the other programs are working; the problem is in Plex's Tizen API calls.

Please fix this great app.

Answers

• stevie.stevie. Posts: 26Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

one thing i've learned about Samsung is that they are a bunch of sleazy bastards. i wouldn't doubt they intentionally broke it..
    they put out a firmware last year that disabled the HDHomerun from being able to be used. before the update, it was able to Stream Live TV.. i basically stopped updating the TV after that as who knows what else they will remove/break.

sorry im not much help, but in the future, avoid updating the firmware unless you must. i learned the hard way :(

• robinhalabickirobinhalabicki Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

its not just samsung, vizio is having the same problem, its not the tv's, its plex

• kurfalikurfali Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

there is no answer to this? updated pms to 1.4.1. but that dit not help. i think the solution will be in new player app. how much will we wait for fixed smart tv app?

• mcmaxmcmax Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

same problem here, only happens with secure connections "enabled" or "preferred" on server. Annoying having to disable security features for it to work. TV is MU6049

• mcmaxmcmax Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

so, after googling this issue, it seems to have been around since about October 2016. Fix very much appreciated!

• ocsibocsib Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Hi all, yeah very sad to see this problem still exists... was searching for a fix, but still nothing, right?