Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Alexa Voice Control for Samsung Tizen

nokdimnokdim Posts: 574Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

I have a Samsung UN65KS8000 which is a Tizen and runs the native Plex client app not the Orca developed Hub App.

I am trying to do this:

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/115000320808-Getting-Started-with-Alexa-Voice-Control

I see the Tizen Plex app is not supported at this time and was just wondering if there will be an update to the Tizen App to support this?

Thanks again for all your hard work!!!

Best Answer

• nokdimnokdim Posts: 574Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja
    Accepted Answer

Tizen was updated to 3.1.0 (3.8.0) and it works now!

Answers

My Samsung running the official PlexTizen client got an update dated 2/24/17 and sadly to say this does not appear to add this functionality. Hopefully this will happen in the near future!

• paullittlefieldpaullittlefield Posts: 43Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 25

Same here, I think patience is the key... or buy a used Roku 3 on Ebay for £30 and have fun ;-) oh, and with the Roku Plex app you the ability to change the stream preferences BEFORE you start playing a movie... (hint hint to the Samsung Team!!)

Ubuntu Server 16.04.2 LTS
    Quad Core 4.3Ghz CPU with 16Gb RAM
    PMS Version 1.4.3.3433
    Plex for Android 5.6.1.505
    Samsung UE49KU6400 with Plex 3.0.10

2 more releases have come down and still no support for this on the official Tizen client?!?!

Interesting how this was released for Samsung HUB non Tizen clients by a 3rd party before official support from Plex:
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/256737/alexa-plex#latest

Accepted Answer

Tizen was updated to 3.1.0 (3.8.0) and it works now!