If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

DNS Requests & DHCP IP leases a plenty! DNS seems multiples per second. DHCP every few minutes.

Here's my question upfront: I seem to be experiencing an inordinately large amount of 2 different events...should I be concerned?

These are 2 screen grabs showing the many times per second my DNSServer is getting a DNS Request and a second one showing my router logs and how often a DHCP IP lease is being issued to the Apple TV. Both to seem have started after I plugged the Apple TV in to the router with a cable instead of using wireless.

Recently (sometime this year) I got frustrated because I seemed to be getting (and waiting) "accessing trailers" more than usual but then while watching a show 1/4 in it just stopped playing and returned to the episode screen like the show had ended.

Up until that point my ATV3 was operating wireless but because I had read Ethernet was a possibility I plugged the ATV directly into my router. My PMS machine has a static IP and I added one for the ATV because it seemed a sensible thing to do.

So fine, I did not notice the improvement that I thought I might but also haven't added the trusted IP in the PMS settings yet. Why not? Honestly because I get nervous, it's like when I practice voodoo, I do it over and over in my mind before I cast anything. That I have been able to pervert this ATV for so long is proof in my ability to google, follow instructions and that there is divine here on earth (many blessings do I pass onto iBaa for the wisdom shared).

Seriously my wee mind is fragmented and slightly burnt at the ends. It makes no sense to me why a DHCP IP lease would be issued so frequently and so unnecessarily, I mean I don't understand these things except that it never happens for the machine with the static ip, didn't happen like this before for the ATV and why should it now. I think perhaps I will fire up the old telly and zonk out, maybe things will make sense when I wake up tomorrow.