Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

TIVO Roamio "..." Issue

zekeszekes Members, Plex Pass Posts: 12 Plex Pass

I'm having an issue with my TiVo Roamio. Since the latest server update, I get "..." In the center of my screen when playing video, then after approx a minute, Plex gIves error, unable to start video. This happens to all videos. Strangely enough the TiVo Minis work fine.

Best Answer

Answers

• zekeszekes Members, Plex Pass Posts: 12 Plex Pass
    edited February 16

I rolled back to PMS ver 1.3.4.3285 and everything works fine.

Funny enough, it tells me I'm up to date now and is not telling me no update is available.

I did notice that the PMS 1.4 update that was not working, had the Plex DVR in it, I'm now wondering if it was rolled out as an update in error.

• Mistere311Mistere311 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 8 Plex Pass

I have the same problem on the Bolt. I will roll back as you suggested and see what happens.

• slavabogguslavaboggu Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Same here, updated plex server to version 1.4.1.3362 and now i also see the 3 dots in the middle of the screen on my TiVo Roamio.

• slavabogguslavaboggu Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

where do i get the older pms version for mac?

• jdheiljdheil Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

Same here.
    Anyone know if this is being addressed??? Damn, wish I didn't have update set!

• jdheiljdheil Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

@zekes said:
    I rolled back to PMS ver 1.3.4.3285 and everything works fine.

Funny enough, it tells me I'm up to date now and is not telling me no update is available.

I did notice that the PMS 1.4 update that was not working, had the Plex DVR in it, I'm now wondering if it was rolled out as an update in error.

Any idea how to rollback on a Windows Plex server??

• riependrriependr Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Same Issue here, was able to play andriod tablet, samsung tv app just fine.

• Mistere311Mistere311 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 8 Plex Pass

For previous version of the Plex Media Server in Windows, look here on your computer:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server\Updates

I had like 30 old versions in there!

And like the OP, I uninstalled 1.4.1.3362 and reinstalled version 1.3.4.3285 and everything works fine, no more buffering screen of " . . . "

• superboredomsuperboredom Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass

+1 this issue. Guess I'll be rolling back to previous.

• ehagberg68ehagberg68 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass

Still broken in the newly-released 1.4.2.3400 version as well... back to 1.3.4.

• peter888chan@gmail.competer888chan@gmail.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass

same thing for me, two Roamio Pro's had this issue. But my two Mini's were fine. Rolled back to 1.3.4 and it's working fine.

• mattseeleymattseeley HawaiiMembers, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,322 Plex Employee

Hi folks, we're on the case. Curious!

• mattseeleymattseeley HawaiiMembers, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,322 Plex Employee

I'm having trouble recreating playback problems on my TiVo Bolt with Plex Media Server 1.4.2.3400-ab906953b (latest Plex Pass download). So far I've attempted to Direct Play and Direct Stream MKV files with AC3 and DTS audio. The MKV files are pretty typical 7-10GB Blu-ray encodes at 1080p and AVC level 4.1. I've also direct played supported MKV and MP4 files. No troubles so far.

I would super appreciate any information to find the missing link. Some of you have provided some of the information below although if you wouldn't mind consolidating it for me it would be really helpful.

• Your TiVo model (Bolt, Roamio, etc) and system software.

• I'm on a pre-release system software for development - perhaps the latest PMS is tickling an issue in an older system software.
      • We have other devices on production system software which we'll continue testing on.
    • The XML Information for the video which fails.

• Plex Media Server log files.
      • Please follow these instructions to prep your server for logging.
      • Before recreating the ... issue please enable Settings > Privacy > Log to Media Server in the settings within the Plex app on your TiVo device.
      • After recreating the issue and downloading the logs please feel free to disable Log to Media Server and debug level logging.

I'm hopeful that the logs sent to your media server will indicate why the app is showing the ....

• ehagberg68ehagberg68 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass

OK, here's my info... I notice you didn't test any mpeg2 files, which most of mine happen to be...

TiVo Roamio Plus, software version 20.6.3.RC15-USA-6-848

Media info XML and server logs attached.

• tmarniktmarnik Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Here's another one in case it helps.

Tivo Series 5, software version 20.6.3.RC15-USA-6-848

And by the way, NONE of my videos work now. They all get the dots, and then fail after what seems to be the exact same amount of time. I have all mkv files, and I never had a single problem before this release.

Thanks!

• matthewtroup@outlook.commatthewtroup@outlook.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 12 Plex Pass

I am also getting this issue after upgrading to the latest version of PMS. However, one interesting fact is that it does not do it for "all" movies. Until the upgrade though it never happened.

• HilbeHilbe Members, Plex Pass Posts: 79 Plex Pass

Also happening here with the Bolt and PMS on FreeBSD 1.4.2.3400.

TiVo Software Version: 20.6.3.RC16-USC-11-849

• zekeszekes Members, Plex Pass Posts: 12 Plex Pass

Tivo Roamio Software version 20.6.1a.RC11-USA-6-848

I will update my server again to get a log with the error, when I'm at home.

• matthewtroup@outlook.commatthewtroup@outlook.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 12 Plex Pass

Once I reverted back to the PMS update before the latest one everything worked fine again so I will just stick with that until this issue gets resolved.

• ngrusz1ngrusz1 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 17 Plex Pass

I am also having the "..." issue with my TiVo. It's been a while since I've streamed videos but based on the other comments I assume it started with the latest Plex server update (1.4.2.3400). I haven't tried reverting back to a previous Plex version yet.

My TiVo is a Roamio (Series5) with software version 20.6.3.RC15-USA-6-846.

I've attached the XML for the video that has the issue. I haven't tested any others yet but can, I can also try to recreate the issue with logging if needed.

One other thing I did note -- the video wouldn't DirectPlay/DirectStream, it kept thinking it needed to transcode to a lower resolution (the video is a 1080p mp4, and it insisted on transcoding to 720p). My TV is 1080i and the TiVo normally outputs to the TV at 1080i, and I'm pretty sure most of my HD videos used to do DirectPlay without any transcoding (although now I can't remember 100%). So this might be new/related?