Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Browser Driven on MAC Version is awful... Totally Awful.

systemsharksystemshark Members, Plex Pass Posts: 194 Plex Pass

So, the new version PMP is awful. It's basically a HTML version of client, It was solid and will presented now...

It's a blockly slow updating mess. Can we 'go back to the old version' not only is this failing the family test (not wife, daughter and Boys test) I hate it too.

Can we have old style version back....

I've created a movie and grabbed screen shots to show the issues I'm seeing. I've circled the issues with a RED circles.

In case someone is worried about poor performing network, I'm three feet from my sever (which is local) connected by 1Gb Ethernet.

Best Answer

Answers

• systemsharksystemshark Members, Plex Pass Posts: 194 Plex Pass

Brilliant Thank you...

• Xen0sysXen0sys Members, Plex Pass Posts: 523 Plex Pass

@OttoKerner said:
    on the main page on the top, left of the 'Status' icon, there is a 'Enter TV full screen' button
    click it
    after that, go into the settings - Main and switch 'Layout' from automatic to TV.

Functional congruity coming yet? The volume of these posts speaks.. volumes..

using the latest PMP i wanted to switch back to TV Mode, but it appears that settings is not long available. I only get access to the Website via PMP. I wantted to put it back to TV Mode ? How do i do that in the latest version?

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 22,061 Plex Ninja

@systemshark said:
    using the latest PMP i wanted to switch back to TV Mode, but it appears that settings is not long available. I only get access to the Website via PMP. I wantted to put it back to TV Mode ? How do i do that in the latest version?

Sometimes the button only appears after you dived down into a library and then exited back to the home page.

PMP also supports some command line parameters which you can add to its startup icon shortcut.
    --tv should do it.
    More here: http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1462490/#Comment_1462490

ok stupid question ? on OSX ?

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 22,061 Plex Ninja

@systemshark said:
    ok stupid question ? on OSX ?

I am pretty sure you can pass command line parameters to programs in similar ways on every OS.
    But I don't know OSX, so...

• vlangvlang Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,430 Plex Employee

It's the same on OSX. You might need to use the direct path to the binary, instead of using "open" (but not sure).