Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

No external player with TV layout

jonbxxjonbxx Posts: 4Members ✭✭

OK, I have had Plex for a while and updated the app recently. I have had problems in the past with my cheap box not playing nicely with DTS soundtracks using the player in Plex. As a workaround, I used the default Android Video Player which passed through the DTS fine through the optical connection.

Since the update, I can no longer use the Android Player while in the TV layout. It works fine on the mobile layout but that looks messy on a large TV. Interestingly, if I st up that the player can use DTS in the mobile set up and then go to the TV layout and then back to mobile, the DTS option becomes unticked.

I can see if I can get an old version APK but, before I do, is there any way around this problem?

many thanks!

Answers

• anivarosanivaros Posts: 1Members

+1, same problem.
    And if select external in mobile and then switch to TV, setting becomes disabled

• NigelG363NigelG363 Posts: 2Members

@jonbxx said:
    OK, I have had Plex for a while and updated the app recently. I have had problems in the past with my cheap box not playing nicely with DTS soundtracks using the player in Plex. As a workaround, I used the default Android Video Player which passed through the DTS fine through the optical connection.

Since the update, I can no longer use the Android Player while in the TV layout. It works fine on the mobile layout but that looks messy on a large TV. Interestingly, if I st up that the player can use DTS in the mobile set up and then go to the TV layout and then back to mobile, the DTS option becomes unticked.

Hello I have the exact same issue above, how do I access the advanced settings in TV Mode to enable the External Player. Why would there be less functionality in the TV mode which is a much better interface. Can some please add this Menu option.

I can't use TV Mode on my Android TV box because this functionality is missing. Please add it back.

Thanks

• Peter91101Peter91101 Posts: 333Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi!

same to me, as i posted several month ago...