We will be performing plex.tv database server maintenance starting 22:00 Pacific Time on Thursday, June 22 (05:00 GMT, June 23). It is expected to last ~1.5 hours. See http://status.plex.tv/incidents/w98nwqyk43pv
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Android Plex Sync - Big Problem - Unable to Delete? Server Offline

mshemshe Members, Plex Pass Posts: 227 Plex Pass

Hello Everyone,

On my Android tablet, I synced 50GB+ of content from a temporary Plex Server. The content synced fine. However, I deleted the server and took it offline and now 50GB of content is stuck on my tablet.

How do I delete the files from my tablet?

I can't find the folder on my tablet to delete the files. I don't have root on this tablet (not available).

Any ideas how I can forcefully clear the synced the data?

Thanks.

Answers

• mshemshe Members, Plex Pass Posts: 227 Plex Pass

Whew, I solved it ... I had to go into Android System Settings --> Storage --> Apps --> Plex --> Clear Data.

• dawscausdawscaus Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

That's not a real solution. I believe that sync is a broken feature. Clearing data inside settings should not be required. Plex please fix this. I have the same issue on my nexus 7.

• bugrainbugrain Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Same issue for me (Samsung Galaxy Tab S2). Would also like to see a fix.