We will be performing plex.tv database server maintenance starting 22:00 Pacific Time on Thursday, June 22 (05:00 GMT, June 23). It is expected to last ~1.5 hours. See http://status.plex.tv/incidents/w98nwqyk43pv
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

BUG: Android App Disconnects From Wifi on Sync Start

mgarnermgarner Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Perhaps this is an issue with my local router configuration, but I doubt it. On a Nexus 6, Nexus 6P, and Pixel XL, the Android app will disconnect from my home wifi network when attempting the sync. The result is that the sync is stopped while it tries to reconnect. The issue happens over and over again when viewing sync status and will sometimes result in the device being unable to connect to wifi at all for a few minutes after one of these events. I left sync running on all 3 devices over night with pre-optimized media and all 3 devices failed to sync and two of them remained disconnected from wifi all night too. When leaving the sync process the wifi connection is restored and has no problems. Please fix this immediately because a Plex pass feature is essentially useless on Android at the moment. I have an iPad 1st generation that also started a sync last night and finished last night even with having to transcode. A 1st generation iPad should not be better at syncing than a brand new Google Pixel XL or the other two phones. At least the iPad worked so I can have my kids watch something on our road trip today. Very disappointed because this problem is not new. It has been around for months now. I'm only saying something now because it still hasn't been fixed and I assumed it would be by now as it is pretty serious.

Comments

• cwaites7@gmail.comcwaites7@gmail.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I'm not sure if anyone will see this but I've had a similar problem with my Samsung GS7, disconnects from wifi during sync. If I turn wifi off on my phone then back on itll work for a little while until it doesnt again. Is this a problem being worked on? If not I'll just cancel my subscription because it's the only reason why I have it.

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 15,110 Plex Employee

Syncing is designed to work through WiFi so it would be bad if the app is causing the WiFi to disconnect. I've not had this ever happen to me. Please recreate the issue and upload the log from the app here.