Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Web App Not working in Safari

bjorn1969bjorn1969 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

Since a couple of weeks I can't use Plex Web App in Safari, the page doesn't load, but it works fine in Chrome. Any ideas what to do?

Tagged:

Answers

• Krs1Krs1 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 340 Plex Pass

I'm experiencing this as of last night.

• ericmatthysericmatthys Plex Employee Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 3,188 Plex Employee

This should be fixed in the recent release.

• markjwarrenmarkjwarren Members, Plex Pass Posts: 15 Plex Pass

Just started having the same issue - Plex is all up to date as is my mac running safari....another fix for this on the way??

• chrishoagechrishoage Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 86 Plex Employee

I am not able to reproduce any issues with safari.

The fact that the browser is crashing makes me a little skeptical that it is Plex Web that is causing the crash.

What version of Safari / macOS and have you tried turning the extensions off?

• Asclepius666Asclepius666 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass
    edited July 8

Hi there, I experienced same problem as OP described. I am unable to sign onto PLEX web app https://plex.tv/ using Safari. However, I can sign in using Chrome. Is this unique only to Safari?

I'm on Safari version 10.1.1 (12603.2.4) macOS Sierra version 10.12.5

Can you clarify what you mean by "turning the extensions off"? Thank you!

• luckman65luckman65 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 44 Plex Pass

I'm having the opposite problem...I'm on my work computer - never had a problem accessing plex web app before on Chrome - and since late last week I get the 'server is unavailable' message. I can access it fine on Safari and Firefox though. Any ideas?