If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How to name "Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Alternative Architecture"

architekt909architekt909 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I spent the last 30 minutes trying to get Plex to recognize this and can't figure out how I'm suppose to name it. I have a folder in my TV shows directory named "Ghost in the Shell Arise - Alternative Architecture". Inside there is a folder, "Season 1". Inside there are 5 files, for each of the 5 "Border" releases: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=293491&lid=7 . They are all named in this form at this point:

Ghost in the Shell Arise Alternative Architecture - S01E01 - Ghost Pain

I don't even remember what name permutations I've tried at this point. Anyway, how can I get Plex to recognize this? Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• architekt909architekt909 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hey thanks, that naming scheme worked!

• PunkleJonesPunkleJones Posts: 69Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

late answer.. (Because i'm struggling with the same now)
    The naming is messed up because it isn't the GITS Arise AA tv-seires. The 'show' is a 10-episode mashed up thing from the OrignalVideoAnimation( OVA)
    Here is the listing in correct order:
    ARISE - OVA Films, Alternative Architecture, and The NEW Movie (2013-15):
    1. Ghost in the Shell (ARISE) - Border 01 OVA - Ghost Pain (2013)
    2. Ghost in the Shell (ARISE) - Border 02 OVA - Ghost Whispers (2013)
    3. Ghost in the Shell (ARISE) - Border 03 OVA - Ghost Tears (2014)
    4. Ghost in the Shell (ARISE) - Border 04 OVA - Ghost Stands Alone (2014)
    5. Ghost in the Shell (ARISE - A.A) - Pyrophoric Cult, Part 1 of 2 (2015)
    6. Ghost in the Shell (ARISE - A.A) - Pyrophoric Cult, Part 2 of 2 (2015)
    7. Ghost in the Shell (ARISE) - The NEW Movie (2015)

Only the two A.A titles are from the tv show.

Only way to get it to show in a somewhat orderly fashion in Plex is the Specials format. But that messes with how you watch the show (uh movies).

Can one get Plex to make a "one-movie listing" for all the OVAs in "one movie"?

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 30,300Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited May 2017

This show is in constant flux on TheTVDB it seems.
    http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=293491&lid=7

Right now, if your episodes are not divided into 2 files, you must add them as 'specials':

anime /
       Ghost in the Shell Arise Alternative Architecture /
          Specials /
             Ghost in the Shell Arise Alternative Architecture - s00e01 - GITS New Movie.ext
             Ghost in the Shell Arise Alternative Architecture - S00E02 - Ghost Pain.ext
             Ghost in the Shell Arise Alternative Architecture - S00E03 - Ghost Whispers.ext
             Ghost in the Shell Arise Alternative Architecture - S00E04 - Ghost Tears.ext
             Ghost in the Shell Arise Alternative Architecture - S00E05 - Ghost Stands Alone.ext

Got help? Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging