Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

3D Subtitles on LG TV

Patrick1610Patrick1610 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 43 Plex Pass

Hi!

I recently bought a 3D LG OLED TV and I would like to Watch 3D movies with subtitles.
When I Watch them trough the PLEX app the subtitles get switched and I only see each half with one eye.
Can this be fixed or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I just found out that when the movie is nog (H)SBS but T2B the subs get twice as tall.

Regards, Patrick

Tagged:

Answers

• Patrick1610Patrick1610 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 43 Plex Pass

Anyone? Still can't enjoy any 3D movies on my expensive tv..

• Gdr56Gdr56 Members Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭

@Patrick1610 said:
    Anyone? Still can't enjoy any 3D movies on my expensive tv..

Have you tried media share, DLNA must be turned on in plex settings

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Satellite TV: Foxtel Australia Q2. Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

• Patrick1610Patrick1610 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 43 Plex Pass

Looks promising but i have a lot of mkv's in wich the subtitles are included. I can turn them on and off so they're not burned in but I can't edit the srt file like in that guide!

• Gdr56Gdr56 Members Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭

@Patrick1610 said:

Looks promising but i have a lot of mkv's in wich the subtitles are included. I can turn them on and off so they're not burned in but I can't edit the srt file like in that guide!

You can remove them with handbrake, convert mp4 with a separate srt file in the folder

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Satellite TV: Foxtel Australia Q2. Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.