If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

"Play All" for list of videos?

cncbcncb Posts: 138Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is there any way to get a "Play All" option to show up for clients when a channel is presenting a list of videos?

Best Answer

Answers

• dane22dane22 Posts: 10,255Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Kinda depends on the channel...

If an official one, more info needed, and regardless, check this one out first to check if there's an official support thread

And moved to the Channel forum as well ;-)

I hate bugs - Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
    Join me in developing: epg-dk, str2utf-8, remidx, ExportTools, WebTools
    Support the Samsung Client:Donate
    Guides I use: Media Naming Guide, Local subtitles, Log-Files, QNAP FAQ, The Plex Dance

NO Support via PM, unless called by me

• cncbcncb Posts: 138Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks, but I am developing a channel and want to know how to get it to show up for my list of videos.

• dane22dane22 Posts: 10,255Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

ROTFL, and re-moved to the Channel devs forum, sorry ...

And when said...Not that kind of a dev my self, so clueless here.
    But let's hope, that somebody knowing stuff like this will chime in, like @shopgirl284 ;-)

I hate bugs - Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
    Join me in developing: epg-dk, str2utf-8, remidx, ExportTools, WebTools
    Support the Samsung Client:Donate
    Guides I use: Media Naming Guide, Local subtitles, Log-Files, QNAP FAQ, The Plex Dance

NO Support via PM, unless called by me

• cncbcncb Posts: 138Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@czukowski There are limitations as you noted but this works. Thanks!

• coder-alphacoder-alpha Posts: 649Members ✭✭✭

@cncb said:
    @czukowski There are limitations as you noted but this works. Thanks!

Just want to repeat again what @czukowski has mentioned regarding depending on client. For eg. PartObject works fine on Samsung Plex App 2.005 but then breaks on the latest 2.007 version. 2.007 does 'Play All' automatically for all parts within a DirectoryObject. I have also experience different results with Android & iOS.

If you plan to make it accessible for all clients you might need to implement it based on which client supports it or a toggle switch.

OS: Win7, Win10, Ubuntu 16.04, MacOS Sierra, FreeBSD 11.0

Storage: 4x6TB WD PR4100 NAS

Clients: PlexWeb, Samsung Plex App, Sony Opera App, Firestick Android, PS4, Samsung Galaxy S7, iPhone 7.0

Channels: FMoviesPlus, cCloudTv, Einthusan, DesiTelly

If you like my channels you can support my beer fund here ;)

My published channels and other work in progress on github