Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex not showing/logging AUDIO being played on ATV3. (VIDEO is being showed/logged)

Hi all

The problem:

• I'm trying to monitor what's being played on my Plex Server.
  • All video that's being watched, shows up nicely in Plex, as well as in PlexPy.
  • Audio that's being played via an ATV3 won't show up, not in Plex, not in PlexPy. Audio that's being played via web show up fine.

My set-up:

• I'm running Plex on a virtual Ubuntu 16.04 machine in a school environment.
  • There are 54 Apple TV (3rd gen) that can play media from this server, so PlexConnect is also running.
  • I disabled GDM in PlexConnect and configured a fixed IP in Settings.cfg
  • I disabled the python DNS server use our network DNS server instead.

Any ideas as to why audio files played on a ATV3 won't show up in Plex or PlexPy?

Thanks in advance!
Stefan

Best Answer

• moody_bluemoody_blue Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 2,427 Plex Ninja
    edited February 25 Accepted Answer

PlexConnect development was finished leaving many unfinished points in music support... But you can try to fork from github and add that functionality.

Answers

• moody_bluemoody_blue Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 2,427 Plex Ninja
    edited February 25 Accepted Answer

PlexConnect development was finished leaving many unfinished points in music support... But you can try to fork from github and add that functionality.

• lemmekenslemmekens Members Posts: 9 ✭✭

Thank you!