Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Kill A Stream button?

wharris623wharris623 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 52 Plex Pass

Hey folks, was wondering where this button is at? I don't see it on my now playing screen. Anyone have a screen shot of this mystical and magical and oh so necessary button?

Thanks in advance,

Wes

Best Answer

Answers

• ericmatthysericmatthys Plex Employee Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 3,222 Plex Employee

Which version of the web app are you using?

• kerbyskerbys Members, Plex Pass Posts: 348 Plex Pass

Im running 3.0 However i dont see that button.

• wharris623wharris623 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 52 Plex Pass

Thanks ericmatthys! That explains it! Like always you guys are doing amazing work! Thanks again!

• wharris623wharris623 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 52 Plex Pass

I'm on Plex Web Version 3.0.0

• BlacktwinBlacktwin Members, Plex Pass Posts: 53 Plex Pass

Your picture show Direct Playback, does that mean we can kill Direct Playback now?

JBOPS - Just a Bunch Of Plex Scripts

• ericmatthysericmatthys Plex Employee Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 3,222 Plex Employee

@Blacktwin said:
    Your picture show Direct Playback, does that mean we can kill Direct Playback now?

Yes, it will support stopping a direct play session.

• BlacktwinBlacktwin Members, Plex Pass Posts: 53 Plex Pass

@ericmatthys So can we kill all user streams or only admin streams?

JBOPS - Just a Bunch Of Plex Scripts

@Blacktwin said:

Admins will be able to kill any stream.

• johnny15johnny15 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 351 Plex Pass

@ericmatthys said:

@Blacktwin said:

Admins will be able to kill any stream.

Amazing. Can't wait for this!

• Joe4992Joe4992 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 159 Plex Pass

Finally I can kill a stream when remote users leave a movie on pause all night and go to sleep. I don't have to shut down the server and start it back up to kill it anymore.

The feature should be available to all Plex Pass subscribers now.

• blim5001blim5001 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 404 Plex Pass
    edited February 2017

Sorry, but it's not showing for me :(

• ostmanostman Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

@blim5001 Restarting the server worked for me.

Yep, try restarting your server, ensure you are the admin user with a Plex Pass subscription, and ensure the web app you are using is v3.0.0.

@ostman
    Thanks, that solved it :)

Does it require the latest PMS?
    As I have one server using the HW Transcoding release and it does not seem to work on that one

• ucjbucjb Members, Plex Pass Posts: 153 Plex Pass
    edited February 2017

When I go to Settings>Web>General>Version 2.13.0 is this the latest? I am running 1.4.2 PMS Plex Pass

edited February 2017

@ucjb No, if its the new one, it should say Version 3.0.0

I think its only available via app.plex.tv
    Are you viewing via http://app.plex.tv/ ? if you are, you might need to refresh your browser

• ucjbucjb Members, Plex Pass Posts: 153 Plex Pass

@blim5001 said:
    @ucjb No, if its the new one, it should say Version 3.0.0

I think its only available via app.plex.tv
    Are you viewing via http://app.plex.tv/ ? if you are, you might need to refresh your browser

Thanks! That was part of the problem but I still don't have the kill button.