Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Issue with iOS app + Honda Civic 2015

josh.hoferjosh.hofer Members, Plex Pass Posts: 27 Plex Pass
edited February 23 in iOS

I've reported this bug before in another thread paired up with another bug report -- Thankfully that one issue has since been fixed, but this one bug is still lingering and has been around for awhile now. FYI, running an iPhone 6 with the most recent iOS version and the most recent Plex iOS app version.

So, I use the Plex iOS app to play my music from home. I have a 2015 Honda Civic and I connect my iPhone to my car via the USB cable (I personally don't like using Bluetooth for music).

So let's say I hit play on an album that has ten tracks. When I hit play on the album, the car displays Track two, when clearly it's the first track being played. The artist/album/track name shows up correctly. However, once you get to the actual last track on the album, the cars display shows track eleven out of ten and doesn't display any of the artist, album, or track data.

Some screen shots:
Here is the full album, as shown in Plex: http://i.imgur.com/UVNcf0q.png
Here is what the car displays when I hit play: http://i.imgur.com/ALXUpXe.jpg
Here is what the car displays for the last track: http://i.imgur.com/ypIy2g2.jpg

Let me know if you need anymore data than this. Happy to help beta test the app while you (hopefully) work towards a fix!

Answers

• josh.hoferjosh.hofer Members, Plex Pass Posts: 27 Plex Pass

Bumpity bump bump ;)

This is still an issue for me, any Plex employees care to chime in? :(

• RUSNNJARUSNNJA Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Is this only happening with Plex app and what is the experience with other music apps?
    Has restarting the app and phone been attempted?
    What about re-installing the app?

@RUSNNJA said:
    Is this only happening with Plex app and what is the experience with other music apps?
    Has restarting the app and phone been attempted?
    What about re-installing the app?

Only Plex.
    Yes to both.
    Hasn't helped.

• michaelramertmichaelramert Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass
    edited May 17

I also experience this issue on my 2011 GMC Yukon using my iPhone 5S connected to the car via USB. Plex is version 4.11.

Only happens when using Plex.
    Yes, I've restarted the phone, the app, and the car.
    Re-installing produced the same results.

Once an album is on the last (improperly numbered) track and the car display shows no information about what is currently playing, the skip & rewind track buttons on my car's dashboard also have no functionality.

• anajamesanajames Members Posts: 30 ✭✭

I never knew we could use a plex with ones car console.

@michaelramert said:
    I also experience this issue on my 2011 GMC Yukon using my iPhone 5S connected to the car via USB. Plex is version 4.11.

Only happens when using Plex.
    Yes, I've restarted the phone, the app, and the car.
    Re-installing produced the same results.

Once an album is on the last (improperly numbered) track and the car display shows no information about what is currently playing, the skip & rewind track buttons on my car's dashboard also have no functionality.

As weird as this will sound, I am thrilled that someone else has this issue too. I really thought I was the only one, it drives me nuts!

• tsteele2013tsteele2013 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass
    edited August 10

I'm having this issue as well in my 2012 Honda Civic. My vehicle doesn't have a touch display like josh, but my situation is slightly more frustrating. My stereo will not play ANY track that is improperly numbered.

The audio system says "Unsupported", and I have to unplug my phone from the USB, change the song, and then plug it back in to continue listening to any music (all while driving).

This also means I can't play any songs that are the only song listed in an album.

Playback works perfectly in the native Music app. I was hoping this was caused by having the iOS 11 Beta installed on my phone, but it appears not to be so.

I have an iPhone 6S running Plex 4.16 on iOS 11 Beta 5.

Hopefully this can be resolved sometime in the near future?