Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

What happened to the filters in 3.0.0?

saskwatchsaskwatch Members, Plex Pass Posts: 98 Plex Pass

How do I show a filtered list of anything now?

Best Answers

Answers

• saskwatchsaskwatch Members, Plex Pass Posts: 98 Plex Pass

I just figured it out. I was looking for the delete button when you replied. Thanks for the reply though.

• beckfieldbeckfield Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3,554 Plex Pass
    edited February 23

How did you get the "AND" part to work? I am trying to highlight all the movies I have from the 1970s, and select a particular actress.

edited February 23

@ericmatthys said:
    In order to apply multiple filters, select "Custom Filter..." at the bottom of the filters menu. You'll need Plex Media Server 1.4.2 for this.

Thanks. I am still on 1.3.4. My plex server is in a docker container. I will see if it updates shortly.

• scotplexscotplex Members, Plex Pass Posts: 34 Plex Pass

Not quite. You (Plex) did not include in the "custom filter" the ability to filter by all of the tags. Studio, decade, and labels are missing from the drop down list box. Could you please fix? Thanks.

• DatapotomusDatapotomus Members, Plex Pass Posts: 37 Plex Pass

I agree with scotplex. I think the new interface is great. I love the custom filters, but it would be much nicer to have a dropdown of all the tags, and rating be included in that dropdown. The main reason is that I build playlist off of multiple ratings.

• ericmatthysericmatthys Plex Employee Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 3,188 Plex Employee

@scotplex said:
    Not quite. You (Plex) did not include in the "custom filter" the ability to filter by all of the tags. Studio, decade, and labels are missing from the drop down list box. Could you please fix? Thanks.

We'll be adding support for more fields in the near future.

Good morning @ericmatthys. It has been three months since I posted, and the fields are still not added to custom filters. Out of the three I mentioned, I heavily use studio in combination with other existing fields. And while off topic, I will also mention that collections are totally broken. For me, an interface needs to work before it is made to look good. (Not that it shouldn't look good. There is opportunity to improve the Android TV interface. But at least it works.) Then there is the aspect of functional parity. The current web app version actually took functionality away. Maybe the coding is more difficult than I am imagining. Can you please comment?

• ericmatthysericmatthys Plex Employee Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 3,188 Plex Employee

Most of the changes that need to happen to support these additional fields is with Plex Media Server. Could you be more specific about collections being broken? Just within the context of Custom Filter, or something more broad?

I've asked for an update about these fields again, and sorry for the delays.

I had trouble adding and removing collections under the new interface. Sorry. I shouldn't have even mentioned it this thread. Plus, I see that the documentation has now been updated, and I can follow the new process easily. So, no more worries about collections. I still would like to see the other fields made available for custom filters.

Thanks for your help.