Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Cant fast forward or rewind any media

mramirkhanmramirkhan Members, Plex Pass Posts: 25 Plex Pass

Hi,

I've lost the ability to FF or RWD if I use the latest shield client. It used to work a few revisions ago but its recently stopped working. Bizarrely if i got to the play store and remove all the updates and then use the one in ROM that the shield shipped with it works fine, only in the "old" way, 2x, 4x, etc.

Happens with all media, both TV and Movies :(

Not sure what to do as if i do a factory reset it'll work as it does if I remove all updates, but wont if it applies updates I suspect. Am I the only one suffering?. clicking on the buttons does nothing after all updates applied, this used to work. Am Plex Plus so have latest plex plus server installed on my PC Linux server that this client connects to.

Searching on this forum does't show recent issues so stuck

NOTE:
I've now restored the shield to factory defaults which didnt help

Tagged:

Answers

• DavidAndAndreaDavidAndAndrea Members, Plex Pass Posts: 184 Plex Pass

What's the source of your media files?

There is a known problem whereby HD files recorded by Plex DVR as .TS files can't be seeked (rew/ff or direct seek) without failing playback.

• mramirkhanmramirkhan Members, Plex Pass Posts: 25 Plex Pass
    edited February 28

My own BR rips in MKV container. Codecs are whatever is in the bluray discs, even down to MPEG2-TS with mp2 for audio for my home movies I've ripped.

Previously this all worked a treat, I'm considering downgrading the server if I can find the old RPMs (I'm on the plexplus stream).

Also its interesting if I uninstall all updates (for plex on the shield) it all works... All files used to work for years without issue, all work fine on tablet where i have the seek bar, its just plex on the shield thats broken, alnd also why i tried a factory reset thinking that would cure it (it didnt) :(

Is there any where to report such bugs to plex?, no email address that I can find.

I've also tried the latest beta plex client after being accepted into the beta last night, same issue, still wont FFWD or RWD

no one suffers this issue ?

• AshusAshus Members, Plex Pass Posts: 143 Plex Pass

This might've been an old post, but if your question related to Nvidia's remote where you hold down left/right button to FF/Rewind, then yes I did experience this as well :( I can't perform that and only have to open the playback buttons and manually scroll to rewind/forward and press it... it'll then do a 2x, 4x, 8x, etc..

I got both 2017 models. This only happens with the normal lower HDD model. The Pro model works flawlessly!

Also the lower 16gb model, the google assistance does not bring up Plex app when searching for movies while on the main dashboard.

The Pro model will always seek out Plex App when searching for movies (alongside Netflix, Vudu, google movies etc.. if they were available).

Now I wished got my 2nd nvidia as a Pro 500gb, instead of the 16gb one :(

Only reason got 16gb is because I needed it for the second room.

Guess this is a bug they're not going to fix :(

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 15,367 Plex Employee

This forum section is for using the Shield as a server. If this is a client issue, let me know and I'll move to the client section.

Can you explain the problem more? What buttons are you pressing? What version of PMS are you running and what version of the client?