Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

status bar is popping up at random times

As the title states, this has been happening recently(2-3 days) on my smart tv and ive had it on my sony smart tv for over a year now. The only thing i remember changing was that i updated plex not too long ago to Version 1.3.4.3285. Is there a way to downgrade, because its really annoying and Im going stop using it if it doesnt get fixed soon.

Best Answer

Answers

• mikecousinsmikecousins Members, Plex Pass Posts: 31 Plex Pass

Yup, this is happening to me lately as well on my Vizio.

• eki2002eki2002 Members Posts: 7 ✭✭

I've downgraded to version 1.3.3.3148-b38628e but it's still the same.

Looks like I will give some other media servers a try.

• mbrunet1104mbrunet1104 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Same issud for me on a lg smart tv

do questions get answered in this forum?

It's almost been 2 weeks, do i have to pay to get an answer?

• giorojasgiorojas Members, Plex Pass Posts: 12 Plex Pass

Hello, I have the same problem with my LG since I had to reinstall the previous version 1.3 for the problems of the last update (1.4)

• cap11cap11 Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

Add me to the list, noticed this happening on the PS3 client. Looks like there have been some big changes in the Plex server recently. Hoping they fix this soon!

In version 1.4.4.3495-edef59192, is happen the same problem

This is Log File, the status bar show in 5 minutes of movie True Memoirs of an International Assassin in LG TV

• richardhanneyrichardhanney Members, Plex Pass Posts: 114 Plex Pass

How is this marked as answered? It's a bloody annoying error. In film or TV the bar pops up now and again and gets in the way. It was happening on the older server version and is on the updated one too.

Can it please be fixed? Yes, its not a massive error but it's still bloody annoying.

• andylylesandylyles Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass

I am having the same problem on my parents Vizio. Status bar pops up every few seconds then the 3 dots appear in the middle of the screen.
    Server (running on Windows 10) was 1.3.4; same problem with 1.4.4; with 1.5.0, the TV never gets past the PLEX screen.

Anyone have 1.3.3 download link for me to try rolling back to? Unfortunately, I deleted the installs from my update folder a few weeks ago.

• krash86.7krash86.7 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 8 Plex Pass

Vizio TV - same problem.

Temp Fix: Drop bit-rate to 720p@4mbps, this almost always solves the issue for me on the Vizio TV.

Dave

Hello, Versión 1.4.4.3495 - bit-rate to 720p@mbps, same problem

• sa2000sa2000 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Posts: 27,060 Plex Team Member

Thanks for the logs @giorojas - Could you tell me what is being displayed on this pop up and where it appears and how frequent? I presume this did not happen before.

the popup occurs approximately every 5 minutes and is displayed for about 2-3 seconds

• sa2000sa2000 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Posts: 27,060 Plex Team Member

@giorojas said:
    the popup occurs approximately every 5 minutes and is displayed for about 2-3 seconds

and says what ?

It is the status bar of plex, is shown from the bottom for 2-3 seconds and is automatically hidden

I have Windows Phone, iOS, PS4 and LG Cliente, only show in LG Cliente every 5 minutes (aprox)

Attach video (see 4:39) and last debug files (Versión 1.5.0.3501)