Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Android - Pause after 15 Minutes of MP3 Playback

demechmandemechman Members, Plex Pass Posts: 8 Plex Pass
edited March 9 in Android (mobile)

I am not sure if this is related to a recent update for my Droid Turbo 2 to Android 7. I have a bunch of music sync'd to my device and listen to it in the car over bluetooth frequently. I noticed this week that my music will play for about 15 minutes and switches to pause and wont restart until I switch tracks. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions? Its local media so there really should not be issues with data connections. Everything worked fine about a week ago.

Answers

• demechmandemechman Members, Plex Pass Posts: 8 Plex Pass

To further add to this all the song lengths inside Plex are about half what they truly are. So a 3 min song is reported as 1:30

• kirbyschapman@gmail.comkirbyschapman@gmail.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

I have the same issue of sync'd music randomly stopping mid way through a song. Won't restart unless I advance to the next track. Happens frequently enough that I'm considering a different approach/player sync app. This is very annoying. Syncing is the reason I bought a Plex Pass. Glad I only bought one year instead of the lifetime! Likely won't be renewing because of lack of customer support.

• kirbyschapman@gmail.comkirbyschapman@gmail.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

I deleted the sync playlist and am resyncing it again, but with downgraded music quality (192) to see if that has any effect. Will post the results later today.

I uninstalled the App, re-downloaded a few items at a lower quality and still the same problem. At first I thought it might be related to some of my albums being FLAC however there were a few that were normal MP3 and I still have a lot of pausing. The only way to get it to play again is exit the app and restart or change albums. I also found that when I first sync the album the song lengths are correct but after a few days they are all reported at 25% or so of the actual length. I am not sure if using an external SD card might be the cause. Not saying that is acceptable but will attempt and report back. This is awful since the sync feature is really helpful but music is not forgiving for an issue like this.

I have tried internal and external storage as well as re-installing and I still have issues. Again there must be something wrong with Android 7.0 as I had zero issues prior to that. I wish I knew how to downgrade easier as the app is pretty useless for me with music always stopping after 13 minutes or so.

• jaycedkjaycedk Members, Plex Pass Posts: 80 Plex Pass

I have the same issue.
    Android 7.0