If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] MultiPLEX - IPTV in Plex

jaywjay03jaywjay03 Posts: 26Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited June 2 in Plex Channel Plugins

It has been long in the making, but here we go. Credit to Cigaras for his base that I could work on.

There is a lack of good IPTV in Plex, and our team have been trying to combat that.

PlexTips presents.. MultiPLEX. The ultimate IPTV solution in Plex. (Open Beta)

You can read more and download it here.

What makes this a worthy successor to channels like CCLoud and XTV, I hear you ask:

• Actively updated streams constantly adding more,
  • Playlist is hosted externally, so when a link goes down, we can upload another without you needing to update the plug-in,
  • HD and SD streams, so you can watch even if your internet isn’t great,
  • Most sport channels (more coming soon),
  • All of the UK BBC Channels
  • All stream are categorized, so it stays well-organized
    Works in almost every client, apart from plex web

The version we are currently in: Open Beta

https://goo.gl/forms/O2m7Qou4vAtatSbc2

SUBMIT YOUR CHANNELS!

Comments

• nickm11nickm11 Posts: 156Members ✭✭

Love the project. This will stave off my Kodi friends about IPTV channels.

Mac OSX 10.12.3

Plex 142 then 143. The bundle wouldn't show up in 142, but is in 143

Setting won't open.

Not sure I understand how the channels show up? Are the channels pre-installed or are they channels we add to the IPTV bundle?

At present, most of the channels I have in my IPTV bundle aren't working now.

Keep plugging, I love the idea. Thanx

• jaywjay03jaywjay03 Posts: 26Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@nickm11 said:
    Love the project. This will stave off my Kodi friends about IPTV channels.

Mac OSX 10.12.3

Plex 142 then 143. The bundle wouldn't show up in 142, but is in 143

Setting won't open.

Not sure I understand how the channels show up? Are the channels pre-installed or are they channels we add to the IPTV bundle?

At present, most of the channels I have in my IPTV bundle aren't working now.

Keep plugging, I love the idea. Thanks

@nickm11
    hey man, ill give it a look. the channels get queried from my web-server. just curious, what client are you using.

thanks

edited March 4

Mac Safari and Roku

I have a Samsung TV that I'll check out later.

It picks up the channels from the IPTV bundle and some were still working. The channels that work work beautifully. I hope you'll add a favorites section and groups. Maybe a language groups button along with buttons for Movie channels, Regular TV channels etc.

If you add Adult, please don't forget a password section.

How will you determine which channels we get?

I also have a couple of DLNA boxes I picked up at thrift shops that usually work with Plex. Will this work with them?
    Sony Network Player.
    Chromecast
    IPTV box

I'll be happy to test that stuff for you, just PM me what you need.

@nickm11 said:
    Mac Safari and Roku

I have a Samsung TV that I'll check out later.

It picks up the channels from the IPTV bundle and some were still working. The channels that work work beautifully. I hope you'll add a favorites section and groups. Maybe a language groups button along with buttons for Movie channels, Regular TV channels etc.

If you add Adult, please don't forget a password section.

How will you determine which channels we get?

It's a mixture of what's available, what's popular and what people suggest!
    You don't happen to be in the US- if you are, I'm working on getting some non-geoblocked links.

edited March 4

I am in the US. I hope you get some Canadian Channels. Love many of them. You might want to checkout some of the European forums. They usually have some good IPTV playlists. That's were I get my stuff.

Samsung TV had many problems. HD wasnt full frame, usually 4x3 and many Render problems.

alright, I dont think that is on our side, probably with the provider of the M3U. I'll look into it.

on the brightside it should work on plex web now, just uploading some non-geoblocked BeIN Sport Links.

If I have an IPTV list on your IPTV bundle, how would I get them to show on Multi?

pop your playlist in the resources folder in the channel, then go into default prefs and stick a semicolon after the url with playlist.m3u next to it.

• Mark SMark S Posts: 390Members ✭✭✭
    edited March 4

I had to delete this channel as it wiped out the original IPTV plug-in, shame.

edited March 4

.> @Mark S said:

I had to delete this channel as it wiped out the original IPTV plug-in, shame.

Oh! Let me fix that

No problem, I just took it out the plug-in folder and stuck it on the desktop, will there be fresh download?

yep.

Thanks, Jack.

It no longer deletes the IPTV plug-in but most of the video links have now died off.

]

Yep. Sounds about right. Gonna replace most of them now.> @Mark S said:

It no longer deletes the IPTV plug-in but most of the video links have now died off.

@Mark S said:

updated lists, restart your pms.

@jaywjay03 said:

That seems to work, is that all you need to do to update the playlist?

• colinleedscolinleeds Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 5

@jaywjay03 said:

Still hardly any working and those that are aren't the channels as described.

Looked great when I installed it yesterday. :'(

• Naderr21Naderr21 Posts: 6Members ✭✭

I dont seem to see any US sports channels, like Fox Sports, ESPN, ABC Sports, etc

Its a bit all over the place at present :)
    It appears slightly better on an Android device?