Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Screen tearing/video freezing ONLY on XBox One

negatednegated Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

Hi.

I have a Plex Server set up on my PR4100. I have XBox One, PS4, Android phone, Android tablet, Windows 10, and web clients.

Recently (around the last couple Plex Server builds including March 1st), I have some videos that are both freezing video (but audio continues) or are showing screen tearing (pixel-ated scenes bleeding into each other) only on XBox One.

This is not happening for the same movies on all my other clients. Whether trying to restart the videos from scratch or fast forwarding or rewinding a bit...same issues, and only on the XBox One client. Interestingly, if I tell the XBox One client to force 720p from 1080p (original), it works fine (but doesn't look as good, obviously).

Let me know if you need logs and how to properly get them, etc. One "bad" file is x264/MP4, 1080p.

Thanks!

Answers