Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Samsung Plex app 2.007: unable to connect to the content server

Maarten.MolMaarten.Mol Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

Running Plex Media Server version: 1.4.3.3433-03e4cfa35 (on Windows Server 2016)
Samsung Plex app version: 2.007

TV Streaming from: UE40H6200 (on local network) works perfect!

A user of mine uses the UE48H6410 with also the app version 2.007 (via WAN) When trying to play a movie: "unable to connect to the content server" when setting playback mode to "transcode" or "direct stream" it works fine without any problems. The other modes gives the same error as above.

Alright, so when rolling back a version of the PMS to: 1.4.2.3400-ab906953b it works fine for him again. However, I find this version of PMS very unstable because a stream and/or any other connection stops or hangs after a few minutes. So running this version is not an option.

When freshly installing version 1.4.3.3433-03e4cfa35 again it gives the same problems as above.

When installing version 1.4.3.3433-03e4cfa35 on a random PC with Windows on the same network as the server, with a movie copied from the server. The streaming from his TV works fine again!

So we have tried almost anything, I was hoping if someone else has any ideas... It's kind of a weird issue...

Update: I have also turned off Windows Firewall and Windows Defender.

Answers

• pr2030pr2030 Members Posts: 7 ✭✭

Me too. I'd like to see what the outcome is.
    Samsung 2.007
    Plex server 1.4.4.3495

• chaosmakerchaosmaker Members, Plex Pass Posts: 341 Plex Pass

This is in the wrong forum - should be in Samsung smart hub 2015 sub-forum but never mind. @Orca would probably be best in commenting on this but that error I usually see when the server isn't signed into Plex.tv properly. You could also try to update to v1.5 now and see whether that fixes anything?

• Maarten.MolMaarten.Mol Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass
    edited March 20

@chaosmaker said:
    This is in the wrong forum - should be in Samsung smart hub 2015 sub-forum but never mind. @Orca would probably be best in commenting on this but that error I usually see when the server isn't signed into Plex.tv properly. You could also try to update to v1.5 now and see whether that fixes anything?

PMS is signed in and I installed V1.5 this weekend. Users wil test is one of these days.

(I can't move to another sub forum)

• davekofodavekofo Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Sorry to be an utter noob, but how does one download version 1.5? My TV won't let me update...

• Maarten.MolMaarten.Mol Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

@davekofo said:
    Sorry to be an utter noob, but how does one download version 1.5? My TV won't let me update...

1.5 is a Plex Media Server version. Not for TVs