Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Help Syncing to Android Tablet

j_pittsj_pitts Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

I'm having a tough time as of late syncing movies to my samsung android tablet. I have the latest version of plex installed on both the server and app. I'm running windows 7 on the server version 1.4.3.3433. On the server interface, the movies convert to 100% yet on the mobile app it reaches 50% and then i get the message "there is an error with this item". I have tried restarting both the app and server, clearing the cache, etc. I have tried several different movies even recopying and pasting. Nothing seems to help. The only thing that has changed are updates to the server and app. As instructed by a support email, i have attached both logs from the server and app.

Best Answer

• Chris CChris C Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 11,806 Plex Employee
    Accepted Answer

@j_pitts said:
    As instructed by a support email, i have attached both logs from the server and app.

Thank you very much for the logs. We've added those to our internal investigation for this issue.

--
    For anyone else experiencing this, providing logs is the very best way to help us investigate this and get it resolved. To do so, as soon as the issue occurs after you try to sync:

1. Grab your full Plex Media Server logs
    2. Save your Android app logs
    3. Attach both zip files to a reply here
    4. In the reply, detail exactly what you were trying to sync, what error you received, exactly where you received it, etc.

Need help? Having trouble?
    » Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
    » Attach Log Files when reporting issues // See how to attach files in the forums
    » Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

(no private messages for support unless requested, please)

Answers

• freefly73freefly73 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 14 Plex Pass
    edited March 6

I had this, or at least a very similar issue. The error I would get was 'This media was unable to be analyzed'. I think I also got the error you mention somewhere also. The behavior you describe is exactly what I would get.

The only solution that worked for me was to roll the server back to v1.3.3. Sync then started to work again.

• j_pittsj_pitts Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass
    via Email
    Thanks for the response. Any idea where I can find that version?
  • freefly73freefly73 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 14 Plex Pass

This is what I used:

https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-server/1.3.3.3148-b38628e/plexmediaserver_1.3.3.3148-b38628e_amd64.deb

If you don't use Linux I'm not sure what the relevant link would be.

• Chris CChris C Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 11,806 Plex Employee
    Accepted Answer

@j_pitts said:
    As instructed by a support email, i have attached both logs from the server and app.

Thank you very much for the logs. We've added those to our internal investigation for this issue.

--
    For anyone else experiencing this, providing logs is the very best way to help us investigate this and get it resolved. To do so, as soon as the issue occurs after you try to sync:

1. Grab your full Plex Media Server logs
    2. Save your Android app logs
    3. Attach both zip files to a reply here
    4. In the reply, detail exactly what you were trying to sync, what error you received, exactly where you received it, etc.

Need help? Having trouble?
    » Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
    » Attach Log Files when reporting issues // See how to attach files in the forums
    » Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

(no private messages for support unless requested, please)

• j_pittsj_pitts Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

@Chris C this issue has been resolved with the last update. Thank you for your help!