Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Multiple PS4 users with the same Plex sign-in? Why?

Krzysztof KowalskiKrzysztof Kowalski Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

First - I really love Plex and use it almost for anything on all my devices. However there is one thing I completely don't understand. And this is for me kind of security breach!? I got 2 PSN users on my PS4 console. Me and my son. ALL the games, YouTube etc have their own settings depending on which user I log in PS4.

So when my son logs in to PSN to his account and he starts YouTube he is on his YouTube account. When I log in to PSN on PS4 and I start YouTube on PS4 I see my YouTube settings.

Why on earth Plex is sharing the settings for log-in? What is the logic here? I completetly can not undestand it. My son has his own Plex account. I got my own Plex account. PS4 with Plex is USELESS because for some mysterious reason I have to have the same credentials for Plex login on both PSN accounts I log in on PS4.

Or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
Krzysztof

Answers

• mattseeleymattseeley HawaiiPosts: 1,344Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    edited March 9

Just like you found out we don't map PSN accounts to Plex accounts. In this setup I can clearly see how this is suboptimal to you.

Best we can do is setup a Plex Home. Each user then starts Plex and logs into their account.

(Please no private messages for support unless requested, please)

• ali azzamali azzam Posts: 1Members

I had this problem too. Did you figure out any solution?

• Krzysztof KowalskiKrzysztof Kowalski Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@mattseeley said:
    Just like you found out we don't map PSN accounts to Plex accounts. In this setup I can clearly see how this is suboptimal to you.

Best we can do is setup a Plex Home. Each user then starts Plex and logs into their account.

I got your point but for me this is still a security breach. Each PSN account is an independent account. In order to log in to this account you need to provide login AND password. It's beyond my understanding how you can allow that someone login on completelely different PSN user, not knowing my PSN password is able to access MY Plex set up on MY PSN account. I would have naver guessed you allowed something insecure like this. It's just shocking.

• Krzysztof KowalskiKrzysztof Kowalski Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@ali azzam said:
    I had this problem too. Did you figure out any solution?

No, unfortuntally this security issue is not a valid topic for Plex.

• baronkarza-baronkarza- Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

You can set a PIN for your user, and restrictions for other users, but that's about it at this stage of the game. FWIW, Netflix is a similar scenario but I haven't seen a way to set a PIN for my Netflix user.