If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[HowTo] AND and OR filtering

beckfieldbeckfield Posts: 4,000Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited April 25 in Tips, Tricks & How-Tos

Maybe I'm late to the party on this, but I haven't seen anyone else mention it. I just discovered that OR filtering is still available. Everyone clamored for AND filtering, but I thought it was a little odd that they dropped OR filtering when they added AND. Turns out, they didn't drop it.

AND filter:
If you add rows to the custom filter and select the same property in each (Collection, for ex.) row, the filter evaluates the rows as an AND filter.

OR filter:

Select multiple values on a single custom filter row by repeating the action:
While viewing the Custom Filter UI, click the Value field once and pick the first value. Then click the Value field again to pick the second (or third, etc.) value. These will be treated as an OR filter.

I originally posted this in a thread I had started about a problem, but I think it deserves its own thread to let people know about it.

Comments