If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

openplex installer just hangs (or takes forever to do nothing ?)

please help ???

Answers

• Good VibrationsGood Vibrations Posts: 3Members ✭✭

OpenPlex installer just hangs or take FOREVER to do anything (i.e. over 2 hours )

MacBook Pro 10.12.3

• wahlman.jwahlman.j Posts: 2,564Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@wahlman.j said:
    Are you using the work around?

Ok here is a work around until the installer app is fixed, run the following scripts via script editor:

Part1

After the Part1 script completes (I believe Part1 script will end with the result "") run the ProgressLabel script over and over again (until the ProgressLabel script says "Cloning OpenPlex Complete")

ProgressLabel

Last run Part3 (OpenPlex will display in the menubar when it has been successfully installed):

Part3

When we have time to fix the bug(s) they will be resolved, until then sorry for the inconvenience.

Video example:

OSX apps : OpenPlex // UAS installer OpenPlex by Wahlman.j (Source Code), CyberGhost84 (GUI) & Flipman6 (Obj-C)

iOS Firmware links: Firmware // Firmware Limits OpenPlex app or assistance. Donations appreciated US-$ // EUR

Click my username and message me if you need Teamviewergif <----Install this for assistance.

(1) Locally owned PMS Mac 10.9.5 i7-4770k haswell 32gb 1866 ddr3 with e-sata rocket raid 2302 Raid-5 set of (4) 5TB HD (15TB usable) in a 10-bay DAGE1040BL (2) Jailbroken aTV2's on iOS 5.3 (6.1.4) (portable PlexConnect host's) (9) aTV3's on mixed iOS (1) iPad 3, (1) iPad mini 2 retina, (4) iPhone 4s, all jailbroken on 8.1.1 all running latest official Plex for iOS & PlexConnect for iOS. Airbubble.apk (265 initial buffer frames) for android devices or airfloat for iOS devices to airplay aTV audio to Sol Republic Tracks HD V10.