Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Kodi Users: PleXBMC, PlexKodiConnect, or Plex App

grooves12grooves12 Posts: 70Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Which do you prefer?

Kodi Users: PleXBMC, PlexKodiConnect, or Plex App 24 votes

PleXBMC
16%
grooves12justin.yeapkodizbocs100 4 votes
PlexKodiConnect
62%
Peter91101rZnBalthazar2k4charandgarycronetercjnichollJdiesel87kabezanavigator0511JediBexdimitrijpDreamsPlexHitsVilletectunerAT83 15 votes
Plex App
20%
JL94x4ninthwalkerIntelliumseratneentourage2111 5 votes

Comments

• grooves12grooves12 Posts: 70Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    PleXBMC

I'm curious where everyone sits here... it seems they are all slightly flawed. Which do you prefer and why?

• kodizkodiz Posts: 2Members
    PleXBMC

not plex pass needed

• cronetercroneter Posts: 1,006Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    PlexKodiConnect

@kodiz said:
    not plex pass needed

PlexKodiConnect does NOT require a Plex Pass. You're confusing PlexKodiConnect with Plex for Kodi - understandably :wink:

• kodizkodiz Posts: 2Members
    PleXBMC

PlexKodiConnect does NOT require a Plex Pass. You're confusing PlexKodiConnect with Plex for Kodi - understandably :wink:

Yes, thankyou for the info, using PlexKodiConnect now, still learning it, it seems to mix all my separate collections (example: children movies, recitals, new movies) in one category once in kodi. Cant sub select if choose movies, its All movies... like I said, still learning, maybe did not yet set it up correctly.

Thanks.

• cronetercroneter Posts: 1,006Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    PlexKodiConnect

@kodiz said:

Yes, thankyou for the info, using PlexKodiConnect now, still learning it, it seems to mix all my separate collections (example: children movies, recitals, new movies) in one category once in kodi. Cant sub select if choose movies, its All movies... like I said, still learning, maybe did not yet set it up correctly.

Thanks.

Yes you need to quickly change your setup following https://github.com/croneter/PlexKodiConnect/wiki/Video-Nodes-and-Skins

• HitsVilleHitsVille Posts: 395Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    PlexKodiConnect

I voted PlexKodiConnect. > @kodiz said:

Thanks.

Ah this answered a question I asked in another thread.
    I have different subcategories too and I set up all the sections as linked to by @croneter and it works fine doing that. Having spent time fine tuning it all I'm planning on stripping back to a simple TV show & Movie section for this client only.
    The genre filters in Kodi are really easily accessible compared with the click-fest in all the official Plex clients.
    Either way its an awesome client and my search is finally over. :)

HitsVille