If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

RPI Zero W support

poiuytre111poiuytre111 Posts: 3Members ✭✭

Hi, a relative newbie with Linux but now trying out my third RPI - a PI zero with integrated Wifi.

I had a bit of trouble getting Rasbian to work as the card appears completely dead until presented with a recent/current distro. With the right image I have the PI Zero W working fine with its integrated wifi and bluetooth driving a remote keyboad/track[pad. Rasplex, I couldn't get the Linux installer bin to run under my daily driver distro (Gallium OS) which I put down to my incompetence so I used a windows machine and downloaded the 32 bit installer for windows set for a Raspberry pi (not pi 2) since I understand the zero uses the PI 1 CPU etc.

My issue is that I have not been able to get RASPLEX to boot and I get stuck on the coloured flash screen when trying both 1.6.2 and 1.7.1 . Given the trouble I had needing a very recent release of Rasbian before it would boot I wondered if anyone else has a RPI zero W running 1.7.1 or is it just me having problems.
thanks,

Best Answer

Answers

• benjaminwolfbenjaminwolf Posts: 979Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 9

Because no one on the team has gotten a chance to play with the rPi Zero W yet.

https://github.com/RasPlex/RasPlex/issues/564

Enjoy Rasplex/OpenPHT? Consider dropping some bones into our development war chest! $25, $10, $5, or even $1 helps. All donations go toward development expenses so our volunteers spend less out of pocket. rasplex.com

• benjaminwolfbenjaminwolf Posts: 979Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 21

@poiuytre111 and @jameseyre This is now working in OpenPHT 1.8.0.148. I'm running it now. Make sure you still use the regular rPi image as it's been altered to support rPi1, rPi0, and rPi0W.

Enjoy Rasplex/OpenPHT? Consider dropping some bones into our development war chest! $25, $10, $5, or even $1 helps. All donations go toward development expenses so our volunteers spend less out of pocket. rasplex.com