Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[Android/iOS App] Plex Movie of the Month

dnnyg33dnnyg33 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Keep a list of which Movies and TV shows you want to add next.

Do you share your server with friends? They can cast their vote for which movie should be added next. You can also send custom notifications to your users once you've added content.
Available for iOS and Android, however the Android version is more feature rich. Check it out. App is free to download with some optional in app purchases for those who administer the Plex server.

Tagged:

Answers

• Bartlomiej BaraniecBartlomiej Baraniec Posts: 1,688Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm sorry for skepticism, I've downloaded your app, first thing you see is white screen with login form.
    Doesn't speak to me. No other authentication method was possible?

• dnnyg33dnnyg33 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 9

@Bartlomiej Baraniec said:
    I'm sorry for skepticism, I've downloaded your app, first thing you see is white screen with login form.
    Doesn't speak to me. No other authentication method was possible?

Good feedback. You just sign in with your own plex credentials. That way it can lookup which servers you are connected to and whether you're an admin.

I will add a note on that page and include the disclaimer that your plex username will be saved, but not your password.

Edit: AFAIK there is no other way to authenticate on mobile.
    https://github.com/Arcanemagus/plex-api/wiki/Plex.tv

• hjone72hjone72 Posts: 129Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Looks really cool! Won't let me install on a Nexus 6P though.

@hjone72 said:

I'll look into it. Thanks

@hjone72 said:

It turns out that my app was only available in the US. I've made it available to all countries. Could this have been the problem? Thanks

• hjone72hjone72 Posts: 129Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 14

Yeah that did the trick! Sorry for the misinformation... Google only told me it was my device.

I'll check it out today!

EDIT:

Working great!
    I was wondering where the data stored for votes etc are stored?
    Are other Users able to add new movies for voting?
    Is this project open source?

@hjone72 said:
    Yeah that did the trick! Sorry for the misinformation... Google only told me it was my device.

I'll check it out today!

EDIT:

Working great!
    I was wondering where the data stored for votes etc are stored?
    Are other Users able to add new movies for voting?
    Is this project open source?

I use Google app engine to store votes and movies. The app offers multi-tenancy support so each plex server has its own list. Other users that are friends on your plex server can add movies to your list. It is not one giant list for everyone.
    The project is not open-source because i do offer in app purchases.