Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Manually add sqlite3 library to Libraries/Shared to import

pimylifeuppimylifeup Members Posts: 14 ✭✭

The sqlite3 module has been sanboxed by plex, probably for good reason.

I would like to import either sqlite3 or pysqlite or mysql libraries to manipulate(dml) a db within my channel plugin.

So far I tried importing mysql but plex does not allow for the import of a sub module that is written in c.

Has anyone tried/used any solution to work with a sqlite3 db from within the pythin code.

Some history of what I've been trying: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/261844/execute-javascript-using-pyv8

Best Answer

Answers

• dane22dane22 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 10,062 Plex Ninja

What do you need to manipulate in the database?

I hate bugs - Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
    Join me in developing: epg-dk, str2utf-8, remidx, ExportTools, WebTools
    Support the Samsung Client:Donate
    Guides I use: Media Naming Guide, Local subtitles, Log-Files, QNAP FAQ, The Plex Dance

NO Support via PM, unless called by me

• pimylifeuppimylifeup Members Posts: 14 ✭✭

@dane22 said:
    What do you need to manipulate in the database?

I've seen your replies in the past regarding this. That question is just bait for you to spew and make the plex devs happy.

I'm looking for a constructive answer. I don't think you have one. Please stop shitting on my post.

I'm planning on bundling a .db in my channel plugin based on my channel design.

Please don;t give me "DICT" usage alternatives and your own thoughts. I have searched through the forum and have enough of them.

A soultion would be nice otherwise please move on man.

• dane22dane22 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 10,062 Plex Ninja

Wow.....Having a bad day here?

I was simply asking, cuz maybe there's an alternative using the API

I hate bugs - Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
    Join me in developing: epg-dk, str2utf-8, remidx, ExportTools, WebTools
    Support the Samsung Client:Donate
    Guides I use: Media Naming Guide, Local subtitles, Log-Files, QNAP FAQ, The Plex Dance

NO Support via PM, unless called by me

• pimylifeuppimylifeup Members Posts: 14 ✭✭

@Twoure said:

@pimylifeup said:
    Has anyone tried/used any solution to work with a sqlite3 db from within the pythin code.

Trakttv.bundle is the only one I know of. However, they have built the binaries for each platform and use a custom importing system so their channel can interact with Plex's database and to remedy any ssl cert issues that comes with Plex's builtin Python.

I did find a post here that gives a list of sql wrappers and some pure python based sql db. Maybe PyDbLite can handle your needs? Other than that, you'll have to query the Trakt channel developer(s) about their channel and how they handle databases.

Thank you. Will give your suggested solutions a spin.
    Appreciate your time.