Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Custom Shortcuts via TV remote

mikl0smikl0s Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've been trying to figure out a way to make custom shortcuts via the TV remote but I'm not sure if I'm stupid or there is no such functionality :)

At home we switch between HDMI sound and Bluetooth sound several times a day, and it is really a hassle to press 10-15 times to swap the sound, I'd love a way to switch between two audio outputs, or have bluetooth output automagically enabled when I connect a bluetooth device to my RasPlex which has audio out properties, and then back to last config when the bluetooth device disconnects.

Answers

• videotecaCNSUvideotecaCNSU Posts: 155Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Well, you can search on the forum for examples of how to run a script with a modification of the keymap.xml

Then you can look for an example of commands for xbmc-send to do what you want (again just check keymap.xml commands).

and you will get what you want on the press of a button

• videotecaCNSUvideotecaCNSU Posts: 155Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

you can also check this script of mine if you want to pass actual keypresses, but have in mind that if you are using rasplex 1.7.1 you need to change back the port to 9777